How can I adjust the position of battlebacks?

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello friends, I try to set my MZ to widescreen, 1104x624, as I learned from the forum.
But the battleback is enlarged and just don't look right.
I wonder if there's a way that I can move the battleback's posotion, so the screen can look better.

I've also tried Visustella's Battle Core. Although it provides few scaling methods, they all get similar results.

MZ_Default_Resized_BG.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a lot of things can be done, but for optimum effect on battlebacks it would be to simply open the picture in an image program (like GIMP or Photoshop) and then scale, crop and edit it there to your liking.

all scaling has automatically distortions as a result, and image programs have better quality mathematics than simple browser scaling, so they will always be better than anything that could be done by plugin and code.

cchmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks Andar. I used gimp to enlarge the battleback to 1280. It did look better, but it was also a little different, since the battleback is bigger but my in game height is still 624. I think I'll switch back to 816x624. That way is easier to me to arrange my battle scene.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flopinou74