Pongy20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay,
First things first: Sorry if I post this in some forum that I shouldn't.
Okay. On the subject, I'm not going to lie to you, I already found a way to do it but it's very tedious.
It consists of me constantly changing the image of the character in an event creating an animation. But that, as I said before, is very tedious, and besides, I will have to make many images for ONE SINGLE ANIMATION.

So can someone help me?

Shaden

Phoenix of darkness.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay,
First things first: Sorry if I post this in some forum that I shouldn't.
Okay. On the subject, I'm not going to lie to you, I already found a way to do it but it's very tedious.
It consists of me constantly changing the image of the character in an event creating an animation. But that, as I said before, is very tedious, and besides, I will have to make many images for ONE SINGLE ANIMATION.

So can someone help me?
make the event move instead of changing its character file ? with movements, you can do up to 12 frames of animations, using the 3 walking frames of up, down, left and right.

it's how chests, doors, flames etc are animated to begin with. If you do a quick event of door/chest, you'll see the editor giving you that event with an animation (by moving it).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure! I got a few ideas. But first things's first...can you be more specific?
Do you need to animate an event? An image on the map? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'animate on the rpg maker mv map'. You can animate lots and lots of things in MV's maps, just need to know what you mean.

Screenshots help as well.

Pongy20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look, for example, make the character point or make a sign of: I don't know, a dance or something similar.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that case, it's very easy to do.

Have you used the "Change Actor Images" button on page 3 of your coding box? Here is where you can change the spritesheet of the character(s) you're controlling.

Now, in regards to making a designated time for something like pointing or dancing as you said, you would need to make the appropriate character models/sprites to do so.
So for instance, if you have an event where your character points at an object, you would need to add coding in that event that incorporates the use of Change Actor Images somehow. You'll need to change the sprites using that button and then revert them back when the event is finished.

Pongy20

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In that case, it's very easy to do.

Have you used the "Change Actor Images" button on page 3 of your coding box? Here is where you can change the spritesheet of the character(s) you're controlling.

Now, in regards to making a designated time for something like pointing or dancing as you said, you would need to make the appropriate character models/sprites to do so.
So for instance, if you have an event where your character points at an object, you would need to add coding in that event that incorporates the use of Change Actor Images somehow. You'll need to change the sprites using that button and then revert them back when the event is finished.
That's what I said I didn't want to do in the first comment because it was so tedious, but well, if there's no other way... I'll do it (or is there?)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what I said I didn't want to do in the first comment because it was so tedious, but well, if there's no other way... I'll do it (or is there?)

You can't really get around that without the event command "Change Actor Image", but you can make it much less tedious by putting that command in an Common Event.

Are these events that will happen often? If so, it will be more than worth your while to make those Change Actor Image calls inside of a Common Event, so that it's easier to recall them in your data instead of constantly choosing that tab over and over again in the code.

It is a similar reason for why you could have a Common Event playing a sound effect when you pick up an item. (The same ding noise) or something similar.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Beep-Beep-Motha-facka.gif

Just finished and uploaded the delivery truck base/sprite sheet. I've been steadily replacing the default assets with early modern alternatives. The air-ship for a biplane, horse-drawn wagon for a delivery truck, and next a sailboat for a steam-powered passenger liner (think of the SS Olympic and RMS Titanic).
I caught a shiny magikarp on pokemonGO today AND finally saw Detective Pikachu and it was so cute and I'm still so hype AHHHHH!!!
one of the coolest things I've learned from the forums is the ability to give yourself a hitbox. I have a move you can do on the fields. shoulder tackle. thanks to the forums, that tackle triggers self A switches on some events. NPC's and the environment now react to the tackle. awesome.
I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.
Dragon Quest style enemy selection plugin work in progress:

Quest_Targeting.png

It's a simple targeting system from the NES era. Select an enemy group; single-target skills will target the first enemy in that group.

Quest-Targeting-Animated.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiceKun