How can I change player appearance through an event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePuffpuff30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How can I make it so the player character changes appearance through an event? For example: The player character has a rain coat on when they walk outside in the rain, but inside they wear their normal clothing.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Under event commands, select change actor sprite. Then select the new sprite you want them to show.

Note this requires you to make a sprite for each appearance you want.

ThePuffpuff30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Under event commands, select change actor sprite. Then select the new sprite you want them to show.

Note this requires you to make a sprite for each appearance you want.
It's not there. I'm using VX Ace.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I strongly recommend that you look at Andar's compilation of info for new users. One of the things he links to is a playable tutorial for the Event Command Menu which will teach you where everything is and how to use it. He also links to a playable tutorial on Switches and Variables. These are two essential elements that you need to have a firm grasp of if you are going to make a game. Spending a bit of time on this now will save you a lot of time and frustration in the long run.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@LemonCookie, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

It's on the third event commands' tab under System Settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mr_Petue wrote on Eliaquim's profile.
please explain, why you are voting my commentary negativ.
Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TuxedoedPenguin