Ganimate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone! First time on the forums and first time using VN Maker! Enjoying it a lot so far!

Now, here's the questiong that brings me here seeking for help: I want to change the font of the default choice boxes that VN Maker has.

I found this script in the forums which is really useful:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ael-image-choices.88324/

The thing is... I would like to change the font of THE default one if that's possible (as seen in the image below). Is it possible to change it from the default code of the engine? With another script? If you guys can help out, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!05.jpg

Ganimate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @Ganimate it's definitely possible. There is the text command or script method. I find the script solution easier so here we go.

upload_2018-9-18_7-18-47.png

- Create a new coffeescript file in the Script Editor and call it Style_Ganimate or something like that. Make sure it's above Main.
- Insert the following snippet with your changes:
Code:
###
# Regular message text style for use in backlog, etc.
###
ui.UIManager.styles.messageText = {
    "font": { "name": "Tahoma", "size": 25, "smallCaps": false, "italic": false, "border": true, "borderSize": 4 }
}

###
# Text for ADV game messages.
###
ui.UIManager.styles.advMessageText = {
    "font": { "name": "Tahoma", "size": 25, "smallCaps": false, "italic": false, "outline": { "size": 4, "color": [0, 0, 0, 255] } }
}

###
# Text for NVL game messages.
###
ui.UIManager.styles.nvlMessageText = {
    "font": { "name": "Tahoma", "size": 25, "smallCaps": false, "italic": false, "border": true, "borderSize": 4 }
}

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
ZyCHqk2.png

Something about top-downs.
I have never felt so attacked by a tree before :LZSlol: it took 10++ hours to make but at least it looks pretty LOL

Untitled-1.png
now seems like the worst time for me to need a better computer with how much stuff is costing. that and I don't thing there's much else I can do to make MV run any better with what I have.
Sigh... to have some variety in this weather. More than just sun and rain and wind and thunder.
In the meantime, I've discovered that I'm slowly becoming fatigued from the many sleepless nights my neighbors cause. Or at least their dogs. Always barking at something.
I might need a day to just sleep and recharge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aquilium3939