Austintatious

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi guys-

I'm using the big 64x96 pixel charsheets (the kind you need to put a !$ in the filename) and I want to use emote bubbles. As you can see from my pic the emote bubble is too high for most of my characters. I know I could just use regular charsheets, but is there another way to change the height/location of the emote bubbles so I can use then with what I already have?

Thanks again!

Image1.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, first, you don't need the ! on your character sheets. In fact, for people, you don't want it.

The thing is, it should draw the bubble in the tile space immediately above the character. If your sprites are 96 pixels tall, it should be right above. If they are 64 pixels tall, there would be a bit of a gap, but I don't think that much. Which leads me to question how you have your sprite sheet set up. Can you show a screenshot of your character sheet?

Austintatious

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It is drawing a bubble in the tile space immediately above the large character. I want to find a way to draw it in the middle of one, because my chars are half-size. Is there something in between what I am using and the square charsets? I just want my chars to be 2 squares high everywhere and I thought you could only do that with large chars.

image2.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But see, you have so much space above them. The engine doesn't know that that is empty space up there. It simply takes the size of the sheet and divides it evenly, so it is putting the bubbles above the grid lines for each character.

I actually just wrote a guide on how to properly format character sheets. Give it a look, hopefully it will help you understand how the sheets work and why the bubble is appearing so high.

I'm also going to move this over to Resource Support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Man, nobody has created a state animation plugin outside of VisuStella. That breaks my heart.
Finnuval wrote on Alador's profile.
Cute new avatar you got there ;)
Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeelsonT