How can I change the sound effect of certain items when consumed from the menu?

Pampan_Zero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I use a regular item from the in-game menu, it plays the "use item" sound. However I want some specific items to make a different sound when used or consumed, or have no sound at all. I tried the Mushroomcake28's sound manager module plugin to change the sound of an specific item, but it affects every item and you have to trigger an event in game to make the sound change.

Is there any way to achieve this without triggering any event before using those items?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Pampan_Zero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there!
Yes, currently only with a plugin:

Eli Item Sounds

You will also need my core plugin above it:
Hi, thanks for the help!

The plugin didn't work for me. I added both plugins, Eli's book plugin above CustomSE, I followed the steps, put the note tag on the item note section and it didn't work. I tried this with various items and they still played the default item sound. I don't know what to do...

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, thanks for the help!

The plugin didn't work for me. I added both plugins, Eli's book plugin above CustomSE, I followed the steps, put the note tag on the item note section and it didn't work. I tried this with various items and they still played the default item sound. I don't know what to do...
Can you show me a screenshot of how you added the note tags?
And also, there is an MV version and an MZ version. Make sure you are using the right one.

Example:
1653412772747.png

Pampan_Zero

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show me a screenshot of how you added the note tags?
And also, there is an MV version and an MZ version. Make sure you are using the right one.

Example:
View attachment 227218
I solved the problem, now it plays the sound effect I want perfectly! To make it work I replaced Eli_CustomSe plugin with Eli_ItemSounds plugin. It seems that Eli_CustomSe does not work in my game.

But now I have a problem with Eli_Book plugin. That plugin makes my game sprites look blurry, so I must turn on the "pixel perfect" feautre to make the blur disappear. I think this issue is due to the fact that I have a plugin that zooms game to make everything look bigger.

I don't want to enable the pixel perfect feature for some reasons and I also don't want my sprites to look fuzzy either, so... what can I do?

Anyway, thanks for the plugins!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I solved the problem, now it plays the sound effect I want perfectly! To make it work I replaced Eli_CustomSe plugin with Eli_ItemSounds plugin. It seems that Eli_CustomSe does not work in my game.

But now I have a problem with Eli_Book plugin. That plugin makes my game sprites look blurry, so I must turn on the "pixel perfect" feautre to make the blur disappear. I think this issue is due to the fact that I have a plugin that zooms game to make everything look bigger.

I don't want to enable the pixel perfect feature for some reasons and I also don't want my sprites to look fuzzy either, so... what can I do?

Anyway, thanks for the plugins!
Oh, Eli_CustomSe was an old version. Make sure the plugins are on version 5.0.0 or higher.
I will take a look at the Eli Book issue of blurring sprites! I might have an idea of what is happening!

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
so... what can I do?
Alternative method...
A little more setup involved but effective :)

Use this:

Like this:
1653447219247.png
Class: SoundManager
Property of Function: Blank/None
Function: playUseItem
Overwrite: true
Pre Script:
JavaScript:
const win = SceneManager._scene._itemWindow;
var item = win._data[win._index];
var se = item.meta.se;
if (se){
  AudioManager.playStaticSe(JSON.parse(se));
}else{
  $_$[v.Class+'.'+v.Function].apply(this, arguments);
};
1653447338519.png
Example of an item notetag:
Code:
<se:{"name":"up1","pitch":150,"pan":0,"volume":90}>

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.
I had an idea on how to get my encounters to leash after chasing the player for a little bit. After going down the Javascript rabbit hole, I realized I could do it in a regular movement route. Derp!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rybaspi