Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.
I'd like to hide ALOE_VirtualButtons when an event is running (examples: I talk to an npc and it walks or does any other non-message action /// I have an autorun event with the player walking, etc.).

I can make it hide during messages with the plugin's own parameter, but I can't make it hide during events. A player accessing the menu, or autosaving, or opening a game manual during an event, specially an autorun event, could maybe break the game.

I've tried adding "$gameMap.event()" to a conditional branch, but it doesn't seem to identify it. Adding "$gameMap.event().event()" causes a conditional branch script error. Adding "$gamemap.event(1)" makes the buttons disappear... forever, probably because it's simply recognizing that there is event 1 in the map or something (and I'd like it to apply to all maps).

I'd just like to hide the buttons during messages AND press/touch/autorun event actions. What code should I put in the conditional branch for that?
Thanks in advance! >.<

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
cant you just flag a variable (or maybe a switch) on or off before conversations and make your autorun do certain stuff based on the thing being on or off (putting an IF statement in the very beginning of the autorun code)?!

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey,

You could try
$gameMap.isEventRunning()

Edit: A bit slow, Nukes solution works too of course.

ZoeZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
cant you just flag a variable (or maybe a switch) on or off before conversations and make your autorun do certain stuff based on the thing being on or off (putting an IF statement in the very beginning of the autorun code)?!

that would definitely work, but I'd have to individually go through tons of events where there is any action other than messages, and at the current state of my project, that'd weeks. But I'll take the advice for future projects AND for the upcoming events, just in case. Thanks a lot!

Hey,

You could try
$gameMap.isEventRunning()

Edit: A bit slow, Nukes solution works too of course.
That seems to be working just fine! And it doesn't seem slow either. I'll do some further testing just to be sure, but it seems to have worked! :)
Thank you very much!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I couldn't help myself, so I edited the tiles a bit and made a birdhouse :LZSsmile: I hope I will finish the town today!Screenshot 2021-09-17 134349.png
How do I find the threads I have watched? It's been so long I've forgotten :kaoswt:
So far, this is how the wall tileset its looking in-editor. :kaoswt2:
1631863283853.png
Still thinking on details to add.
Added a plugin to RMMV Plugin Releases with all relevant info but it looks like the topic wasn't approved for whatever reason. Cool.
Working in the IT industry:
- "How long does it take?".
- "It takes 1 month".
- "What if we add more people to the project?".
- "It would take 2 months".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky_Floki