RMMV How can i convert a project back from MV to MXAce

GTFoxN6Y

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was trying to look for a plugin to play a movie for RPG Maker MV, but they say it doesn't. So I decided to switch over to MXAce because it can play attack movies, but How can i convert it back?

GachaPringle

Potato Chip Master
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is MXAce? I only know VXAce, is there another RPG Maker engine I am somehow unaware of? I even checked https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG_Maker which shows each version of rpg maker. Unless you mean MVAce (MZ). For MZ you can just put a game.rmmzproject in the project folder. But I am assuming you mean VXAce, VXAce uses different tileset size and uses scripts instead of plugins. And no, you can't paste MV plugins into VXAce scripts. This renders converting MV to VXAce (probably) impossible because of how differently the engines work. Unless MXAce is a completely top secret engine or an engine for a specific country or something, I can't help you.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's VXAce obviously...

The answer is no.
It is easier to export the VXAce database to MV/MZ database format (JSON) because it is an open format. You can even edit the MV/MZ data files using notepad. But I can not tell you if the otherwise is possible.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A script could be written in Ace to pick up the MV files and convert back to Ace format. But as the writer of the script to convert from Ace to MV, it was a huge amount of work and I suspect more difficult to convert back the other way. I doubt anyone would consider it worth the effort (considering MV has been out for 5-6 years now and this request has been made once).

And where did anyone say MV doesn't play movies? I saw your other thread and you were given an accurate answer - MV does play video files. It has to be a certain format. But that shouldn't be an issue, because all graphics have to be a certain format and all audio has to be a certain format. This is no different. What do you think Ace is going to do that MV doesn't?

GachaPringle

Potato Chip Master
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's VXAce obviously...

The answer is no.
It is easier to export the VXAce database to MV/MZ database format (JSON) because it is an open format. You can even edit the MV/MZ data files using notepad. But I can not tell you if the otherwise is possible.
I was making a joke. XD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Honestly, I cannot stop thinking about the whole elves vs anthros argument I had a while ago, because apparently I'm supposed to prefer what are usually elitist superhumans who "care about nature" but never actually do anything for it and live where nature is effectively stealing from nature over colorful, diverse and aesthetically entertaining animal designs because most people don't write well or care about looks.
7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1234ddfg