Normalperson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to play the game I made but the RPG maker free trial has expired and it is in RPG project format and the only way to open it is to use the rpg maker program that I can no longer use :/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, it is not. there is absolutely no need to convert a MV project, because it is fully HTML5 and absolutely independent.

if you don't have an exe in the project folder (which is nothing but a reduced variant of a HTML-browser without the regular navigation buttons), then you can start the game in any browser by launching the index.html

There is a chance that your browser security block that, falsely believing an external website tries to access local files. But that is a browser setting that has nothing to do with any part of the maker.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default, I believe that trying to launch index.html locally will fail on both Chrome and Firefox. You can probably tweak the security settings of your browser to get around this, but since those security mechanisms exist for a reason, I probably wouldn't recommend messing with them unless you know what you're doing.

Personally, what I would do (assuming you're using Windows) is:
  1. Make a backup of your project folder.
  2. Download NW.js (the program that RPG Maker usually uses to launch your game)
  3. Extract the contents of the NW.js archive, and put them inside your project folder
Then you can launch your game by launching nw.exe.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So, yeah. It's there.

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guymelul