RMMV How can I create an inventory with no items only, no weapons and armor. (OneShot style)?

Guarii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might be a stupid Question of mine, but i have to ask it anyway:
In the Gametest did you give your Party some Items? And are those marked as regular Items in the Database?
Yes, they are marked as normal/regular items. For the party it is impossible because they are the character is alone. I really don't know what the problem is.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
I also don't know what could be.

It is supposed to show your items there. Just test the game and give the player some items.

You tested in a clean project? I mean without any plugins?

Guarii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I also don't know what could be.

It is supposed to show your items there. Just test the game and give the player some items.

You tested in a clean project? I mean without any plugins?
It works bro I was able to do it. I had to put that it was a key element. Normal items won't let me add them. Thanks a lot you are great. I will sign up for your *******. Then if it's ok with you I would have to ask you for other types of plugins, of course rewarding you. Then if I need to update the plugin I will write you. Thanks a lot, bye brother!

Guarii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works bro I was able to do it. I had to put that it was a key element. Normal items won't let me add them. Thanks a lot you are great. I will sign up for your Patr***. Then if it's ok with you I would have to ask you for other types of plugins, of course rewarding you. Then if I need to update the plugin I will write you. Thanks a lot, bye brother!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It works bro I was able to do it. I had to put that it was a key element. Normal items won't let me add them. Thanks a lot you are great. I will sign up for your *******. Then if it's ok with you I would have to ask you for other types of plugins, of course rewarding you. Then if I need to update the plugin I will write you. Thanks a lot, bye brother!
Only with key items? That is strange o_O
I will take a look into it later to see if there is something I can do.
I'm glad that I was able to help ^^

Guarii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only with key items? That is strange o_O
I will take a look into it later to see if there is something I can do.
I'm glad that I was able to help ^^
Sorry to bother you... Do you happen to know how I can remove x1? I would like items that are only used once. I don't like the item count (x1-x2-x3 etc).... Do you know how I can do this? Thank you.
20220127_174314.jpg

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry to bother you... Do you happen to know how I can remove x1? I would like items that are only used once. I don't like the item count (x1-x2-x3 etc).... Do you know how I can do this? Thank you.
View attachment 214241
Hi again!

Two things:
1 - I confirmed on my side that the patch I did for you is definitely for Regular Item Types. If you are seeing Key Items only, it is a plugin conflict.

2 - You want to remove the xAmount and also let the player only have x1 of any item.
But the player will be able to have more entries of the same item on the item list?

Guarii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again!

Two things:
1 - I confirmed on my side that the patch I did for you is definitely for Regular Item Types. If you are seeing Key Items only, it is a plugin conflict.

2 - You want to remove the xAmount and also let the player only have x1 of any item.
But the player will be able to have more entries of the same item on the item list?

Hello Brother!;)

1. The plugin works you are right. I was wrong.

2. I would like to make that all items within my game will not be able to have multiple entries in the same item. That's why I would like to remove the item count as well. (By removing x1) just like the inventory of OneShot the game.

Could you do this? Thanks for the reply!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Brother!;)

1. The plugin works you are right. I was wrong.

2. I would like to make that all items within my game will not be able to have multiple entries in the same item. That's why I would like to remove the item count as well. (By removing x1) just like the inventory of OneShot the game.

Could you do this? Thanks for the reply!
Only removing the XAmount is easy, but making every item a new entry, is a little bit different.
I think I will try to make a proper plugin for that in the future, but not now.

But maybe you can find a plugin like that. MV has a lot of plugins, including on the Japanese community. I think it is possible that someone already did a plugin for that.

Guarii

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only removing the XAmount is easy, but making every item a new entry, is a little bit different.
I think I will try to make a proper plugin for that in the future, but not now.

But maybe you can find a plugin like that. MV has a lot of plugins, including on the Japanese community. I think it is possible that someone already did a plugin for that.

Ah perfect. Come on I'll try to search if I can't find anything then let me know if you can create it someday. Thanks again and sorry for the trouble. Bye Brother!

Nimblefizz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone - I have been trying this method to get a One Shot-style inventory screen as well and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

In the System Database under Menu Commands, I unchecked everything except Item.

I made a clean project to test and my plugins look like this:
1643439078538.png

I changed the one Category Order setting as you guys mentioned:
1643439136133.png

My item database looks like this (Potion and Magic Water say the same thing with the note tag)
1643439094569.png
I put a little event to add a potion and a magic water to my player's inventory.

Then when I press Menu, it looks like this:
1643439045594.png
And the item screen looks like this:
1643439060003.png

I am trying to have a menu where ONLY the item screen is shown, no party members or anything, and that item screen looks like the One Shot menu, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be super appreciated. Thank you!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone - I have been trying this method to get a One Shot-style inventory screen as well and I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

In the System Database under Menu Commands, I unchecked everything except Item.

I made a clean project to test and my plugins look like this:
View attachment 214425

I changed the one Category Order setting as you guys mentioned:
View attachment 214427

My item database looks like this (Potion and Magic Water say the same thing with the note tag)
View attachment 214426
I put a little event to add a potion and a magic water to my player's inventory.

Then when I press Menu, it looks like this:
View attachment 214423
And the item screen looks like this:
View attachment 214424

I am trying to have a menu where ONLY the item screen is shown, no party members or anything, and that item screen looks like the One Shot menu, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be super appreciated. Thank you!
Hi!
I'm not a moderator, but next time I think it's better if you create another thread for your issue.

But I believe the problem is that you are using Yanfly Item core and extensions together with the patch that I made for Guarii.
They probably don't work together.

Nimblefizz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks - yeah, I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread but I thought it would be better to respond here than make a new thread with the exact same issue. Mainly I'm replying because I'm trying what you and the other posters have recommended in this thread.

When I turned the Yanfly plugins on and the one you made off, there was no difference. When I turned Yanfly's plugins off and yours on, your item screen did work!! Do you know how I could manipulate the look of the boxes? Like make them smaller so they don't stretch to the edge of screen and there's some space between the top and bottom box?

Thank you for making this plugin!!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks - yeah, I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread but I thought it would be better to respond here than make a new thread with the exact same issue. Mainly I'm replying because I'm trying what you and the other posters have recommended in this thread.

When I turned the Yanfly plugins on and the one you made off, there was no difference. When I turned Yanfly's plugins off and yours on, your item screen did work!! Do you know how I could manipulate the look of the boxes? Like make them smaller so they don't stretch to the edge of screen and there's some space between the top and bottom box?

Thank you for making this plugin!!
Hi!
I know how to do it, but I have no time right now.
An ugly and fast approach you can copy and paste that inside the plugin file and change the indicated numbers:

JavaScript:
Scene_Item.prototype.createItemWindow = function() {
    var wy = this._categoryWindow.y + this._categoryWindow.height; // Y COORDINATE
    var wh = Graphics.boxHeight - wy; // WINDOW HEIGHT
                                     //    X        WIDTH
    this._itemWindow = new Window_ItemList(0, wy, Graphics.boxWidth, wh);
    this._itemWindow.setHelpWindow(this._helpWindow);
    this._itemWindow.setHandler('ok',     this.onItemOk.bind(this));
    this._itemWindow.setHandler('cancel', this.onItemCancel.bind(this));
    this.addWindow(this._itemWindow);
    this._categoryWindow.setItemWindow(this._itemWindow);
};

Scene_Item.prototype.createHelpWindow = function() {
    this._helpWindow = new Window_Help();
    this.addWindow(this._helpWindow);
    this._helpWindow.width = 0// WIDTH
    this._helpWindow.x = 0 // X COORDINATE
    this._helpWindow.y = 0 // Y COORDINATE
};

Nimblefizz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much! I will try this out today!

JohnDoeNews

Steam mod (MV/MZ)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To get back at my advice... I did read the question wrong... I thought you wanted weapons, armor and items all in 1 category.

Since you only want items in there, you can still use the same plugins, but instead of
"Category:Inventory" in the plugin parameter, you just put "Items" in there.

You don't have to use any note tags than.

This will show all items, that are not marked as key item or hidden item.

(If you did put the notetage in all items yet, then there is no man over board, the result will be the same.)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch
i got bronchitis ; n ;
I've been trying very hard to distance myself from my inspirations, but maybe It would be better just to accept it.
3uL5XnP.gif
For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urmom