matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to custom it so i can at least use a specific animation, i actually go to the 001 Skill and change the Skill Animation, but it doesnt changes in battle, my character (hitting unarmed) use one specific animation but the monster does another, but both are using the same skill for sure. I'd like to know where the program is drawing this information from, and also change it

EDIT: I'm using those plugins, just basic Yanfly's stuff1614668833024.png
This is my attack on the Skills tab
1614699254588.png

And this is my action sequence on the notetag (supposed to make the attacker move up to the target before striking it, basic stuff)
Code:
<setup action>
clear battle log
display action
immortal: targets, true
</setup action>

<target action>
move user: targets, front, 15, auto offset x +30
wait for movement
wait: 10
motion attack: user
attack animation: target

action effect
wait for animation

</target action>
<finish action>
immortal: targets, false
wait for new line
clear battle log
perform finish
wait for movement
</finish action>

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1614668774629.png
    1614668774629.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you change anything else? The Skill Type or Hit Type? If the only thing you changed is the Animation, it should work. Post a screenshot of your Attack skill in the database and we'll see.

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you change anything else? The Skill Type or Hit Type? If the only thing you changed is the Animation, it should work. Post a screenshot of your Attack skill in the database and we'll see.

I actually just changed the animation for '0122 Flash simples' which is just a simple flash on the target, no real animation

but i forgot to tell that i'm using YEP_Battle Engine core + SV_AnimatedEnemies, i'm also using some action sequencing (as you can see in the note window), just to me the characters go right up each other to hit. So tested something: i turned off YEP_BattleEngine and then the animation actually plays as intended, the problem is that i actually want to keep the plugin, so idk

1614668477227.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@matgraz
then you need to program your action sequence manually into the skill.

Yanfly's battlecore is the plugin that creates the battle sequence options, but to allow people to use it even without the work of writing their battle sequences, it has a default for all those skills that do not have an individual action sequence set.

that default is what overrides your skill setting, and the only way to prevent the default is to give the skill its own action sequence notetag. Which will require you to learn how to do that from the examples in the plugin help files.

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@matgraz
then you need to program your action sequence manually into the skill.

Yanfly's battlecore is the plugin that creates the battle sequence options, but to allow people to use it even without the work of writing their battle sequences, it has a default for all those skills that do not have an individual action sequence set.

that default is what overrides your skill setting, and the only way to prevent the default is to give the skill its own action sequence notetag. Which will require you to learn how to do that from the examples in the plugin help files.

I see, but i wrote an action sequence, actually i took it from a yanfly's suggestion from a forum (which i saw on a video lol), i've just customized a bit for timing purposes. This is what i put in

Code:
<setup action>
clear battle log
display action
immortal: targets, true
</setup action>

<target action>
move user: targets, front, 15, auto offset x +30
wait for movement
motion attack: user
attack animation: target

action effect
wait for animation

</target action>
<finish action>
immortal: targets, false
wait for new line
clear battle log
perform finish
wait for movement
</finish action>

I expected that the 'attack animation' line would bring the '0122 Flash simples' animation, which is just a basic flash. This is my attack window:

1614698895262.png

But when i run those notetags are overriden by something else that i'm no aware. In the images below, both are using the same basic attack skill and action sequence (which makes them go up to the target and strike). I's supposed to play just a simple flash on the target, but the game is drawing a animation from somewhere else and overrriding it

1614699031373.png
1614699078912.png

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're using the wrong code. attack animation plays the animation associated with the weapon the actor is using. action animation will play the animation you selected for your skill. If you want it to be centered on the target, you do action animation: target

matgraz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're using the wrong code. attack animation plays the animation associated with the weapon the actor is using. action animation will play the animation you selected for your skill. If you want it to be centered on the target, you do action animation: target

That was it man!
Thanks a bunch!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Finally, I got a good Gmail message [from smg5urded]
"This game does look a bit plain, but, I'm sure this does not destroy the experience as a whole. Monsters fit your style of game-play, mapping looks crude but I'm sure you can make it better if you do a remake of Forgotten Eclipse"
Going to start a new project today. OMG, it will be on RPGMaker MV. :D
Paid material WIP~
EysZO9cVEAEWy9W

This is Alchemy pack.
I decided to add more witch elements.

Now we have wooden props, candles, pots, and potion bottles.
We also want to add herbs, kettles, fireplaces, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamL