CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just contextualizing, CGMV_TitleSystem is an really cool plugin that allows you to have multiple main menu backgrounds, such as images and also maps, by default, they change according time, but i don't like it, i want to make it somehow using events, but i don't know what can i do for forcing it to go to the next screen, the only thing that i discovered about it is this script inside the .js file:
JavaScript:
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Advance to the next map/image in the cycle
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scene_Title.prototype.advanceCycle = function() {
    this._cycle++;
    if(this._cycle >= this._maxCycle) this._cycle = 0;
    this.setupCycle();
};
but i already tried to use it in an script event, and nothing, so please, people that understand about scripting, how can i make this works?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the function you copied is nothing but a counter.
if it does something, then that is in the followup-function of setupcircle

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You could manually set the timer it uses to determine when to go to the next map/image in the cycle to whatever you have set for that map in the plugin parameters in a script event command. For example if your map scene was supposed to last 300 frames you could do this to advance to the next map instantly:
Code:
SceneManager._scene._timer = 300;

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could manually set the timer it uses to determine when to go to the next map/image in the cycle to whatever you have set for that map in the plugin parameters in a script event command. For example if your map scene was supposed to last 300 frames you could do this to advance to the next map instantly:
Code:
SceneManager._scene._timer = 300;
Oh my! Casper itself came to help me!, thank you! i'm very glad!
now there's other thing that i'd like to know, the fades are too long, even setting it to just one frame, and i want to make an instantly transition, how can i remove the fade effect?

casper667

Casper Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you misunderstood the fade speed param? It is not in amount of frames to fade, it is in opacity added/subtracted to the fade each frame, so if it is set to 1 it is going to be pretty slow. You can set the Fade Speed param to 255 to remove fading entirely, but it might display black for a moment while it loads the next image/map (especially on worse hardware where loading times may be longer).

CardeMaker

Just a creative guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you misunderstood the fade speed param? It is not in amount of frames to fade, it is in opacity added/subtracted to the fade each frame, so if it is set to 1 it is going to be pretty slow. You can set the Fade Speed param to 255 to remove fading entirely, but it might display black for a moment while it loads the next image/map (especially on worse hardware where loading times may be longer).
That's it! thank you a lot, everything worked fine

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've never felt prouder of my little game!! *o*
DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurpleClouds