How can I let the player delete save files? Also Complex Lists?

peves

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So first:

I basically want to create an extra option in the main menu to delete saves:

New Game
Continue
Delete Save(s)
Shutdown

Something like ^ This.
It would bring up the save files the way the Continue game option would and then if the user clicks on one of the files they could get a yes or no option to delete it.

I am not familiar with ruby. Is there a delete file command?
Is there way to call on dos commands like in c++?
Then I could at the very least just run the dos command. ?

As for complex lists:

I am looking to make choice menu for the player. Normally that would be the easy part just make an event using the choice command. However It's more complicated than that. I want the player to be able to choose from the list names of people who they have met. Only people they have met will be on the list. So the list gradually does get longer. Starting from zero this list would get quite a lot larger maybe only up to a certain number but then you can start choosing to replace names with new ones after? This is something I haven't figured out a concept for but I would love to get it working. I am going to have to learn Ruby at this rate. lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi