How can I make a "custom spell" system?

The A-ster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want the player to be able to make their own spells once they reach a certain Magic Level (Fire Magic Lvl, Water Magic Lvl, etc). Similar to Oblivion. Would this be possible? I know it might require a plugin, I'm sure. Any ideas? Thank you!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any spell creation will require a plug-in, unless you have them only create pre-made spells you already made, and had the entire system evented. I'll move this to Plug-in Requests.

The A-ster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any spell creation will require a plug-in, unless you have them only create pre-made spells you already made, and had the entire system evented. I'll move this to Plug-in Requests.
Thank you, friend

Chroma-Creative-Solutions

Graphic Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be a complex system, but could be done without plugins if you are interested. You could create a system where the player "thinks" they are creating unique spells, however, you actually have every single possible spell they could make already created. What you could do is a system where none of the skills are available to the players, and whenever certain switches are turned on, or variable numbers reached, you could cause the player to "learn" one of the spells.

For example, since I don't know the exact combination system you plan to use, you could allow the player to do some sort of quiz where depending on how they answer questions, certain switches are turned on, or variable values added. Depending on the end result of the answers, the player would learn new skills. You could complete this through conditional branches that check for switches and variables. This could be something as simple as if Switch 01 is on, Actor 01 learns Skill 01 all the way to if Switch 01 is on check if Switch 02 is one, check is Variable 01 is > 10, and if all of those are true Actor 01 learns Skill 01.

You could also have a select system as simple as if the player selects that they want to combine fire and water elements or items, they get the skill steam. For example, by selecting fire the player turns on switch 01, by selecting water the player turns on switch 03, the conditional branch checks if switch 01 is on then checks if switch 03 is on, and if both are true, gives actor 01 skill 10 steam. Of course there may also exist a plugin out there that could do all of this in a pre-determined system.

The A-ster

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be a complex system, but could be done without plugins if you are interested. You could create a system where the player "thinks" they are creating unique spells, however, you actually have every single possible spell they could make already created. What you could do is a system where none of the skills are available to the players, and whenever certain switches are turned on, or variable numbers reached, you could cause the player to "learn" one of the spells.

For example, since I don't know the exact combination system you plan to use, you could allow the player to do some sort of quiz where depending on how they answer questions, certain switches are turned on, or variable values added. Depending on the end result of the answers, the player would learn new skills. You could complete this through conditional branches that check for switches and variables. This could be something as simple as if Switch 01 is on, Actor 01 learns Skill 01 all the way to if Switch 01 is on check if Switch 02 is one, check is Variable 01 is > 10, and if all of those are true Actor 01 learns Skill 01.

You could also have a select system as simple as if the player selects that they want to combine fire and water elements or items, they get the skill steam. For example, by selecting fire the player turns on switch 01, by selecting water the player turns on switch 03, the conditional branch checks if switch 01 is on then checks if switch 03 is on, and if both are true, gives actor 01 skill 10 steam. Of course there may also exist a plugin out there that could do all of this in a pre-determined system.
Thank you for the interesting idea! I'm only trying to make this a future feature down the road, as this is a game that may need to be updated overtime. I'll have plenty of time to test it and think it over in the future as well. Once again, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been able to solidify a cohesive plot so dropped out of a game jam but, on a fun note, I pre-ordered MZ today! :LZSwink:
So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khael11