How can I make a thing that will be called by spell, attack and immediately disappear?

Galvatron1O2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sideview battle. Party member casts some spell, a figure appears above his head, plays an animation, effects appear on enemies, then the figure disappears until the next cast of this spell. Basically a Persona if you know what I mean.

How do i make something like that? What plugins and stuff do i need? Got any ideas?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need any plugins, just make an animation. There are many tutorials on YouTube and the tutorials forum here.

Galvatron1O2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't need any plugins, just make an animation. There are many tutorials on YouTube and the tutorials forum here.
Yeah, but what exactly animation do I need to make? I was thinking of replacing casting animation, but I don't think it's a good idea

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, but what exactly animation do I need to make? I was thinking of replacing casting animation, but I don't think it's a good idea
You could use Yanfly action sequences to have an action that targets the caster that runs before the actual attack animation. If the animation is long enough, your "persona" would still be around while the attack animation is playing and disappear once the spell ends. Alternatively, you can use Yanfly's to replace the cast animation, which would be easier to manage but the "persona" would appear and disappear before the spell animation plays.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just...animation. It's right in the middle of the Skill window, in the box labeled Invocation. A drop-down menu to the right of Hit Type.

You take the image of your summoned figure, use the Animation editor to make it bob around or whatever you want it to do, then set the skill's animation to that.

If you want to have multiple animations (which you didn't state in your original post), like both the summoned figure and also animations appearing on the enemies or something like that, then yes, you'll have to take Htlaets' suggestion and learn action sequences.

Galvatron1O2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, i'll try both things

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I won't finish it today, I only will have time to work on that next Saturday, what a shame... :(
I made something for @LittenDev [as he requested]
It's been a weird while. I've been so torn down that even playing video games has been something I avoided. But I shouldn't forget two things. One, I love RPG Maker for a reason. Two, only way to eat an elephant is a bite at a time.
How do people even enjoy RGB keyboard and mouse lighting? It's distracting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisSwan