How can I make an enemy which uses a skill that prepares for another attack on the following turn?

TakumaGao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
An example:

Dragon uses Breathe Deep. (This does nothing but set up to allow Dragon to use Fire Breath on the next turn, and to warn the player to prepare for an incoming powerful attack.)

Player attacks!

Dragon uses Fire Breath! (The powerful attack in question.)

Basically, I want to be able to lock a move behind the enemy using a different move. One move to prepare, and then the strong attack will be used on the following turn 100% of the time. An example of this would be Pokemon's Solar Beam, and other similar moves.

How do I achieve this?

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmmmm....

First, you will want to make a state.
Call it BreathReady or something.
You can put an icon on it if you want.
Second, make the Breathe Deep skill put the state on the user, which would be the dragon.
Last, make the Fire breath skill have a conditional which checks for the BreathReady state AND has a 10 rating.
(It would help if all other attacks have a rating of 7 or lower.)
And the Fire Breath should remove the BreathReady state if it doesn't remove itself after 1 or so turns.

TakumaGao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmmm....

First, you will want to make a state.
Call it BreathReady or something.
You can put an icon on it if you want.
Second, make the Breathe Deep skill put the state on the user, which would be the dragon.
Last, make the Fire breath skill have a conditional which checks for the BreathReady state AND has a 10 rating.
(It would help if all other attacks have a rating of 7 or lower.)
And the Fire Breath should remove the BreathReady state if it doesn't remove itself after 1 or so turns.

Would that guarantee that the follow-up skill would trigger 100% of the time when the state is enabled?

Dobberman

The dog.
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would that guarantee that the follow-up skill would trigger 100% of the time when the state is enabled?

Yep. That part:

Last, make the Fire breath skill have a conditional which checks for the BreathReady state AND has a 10 rating. (It would help if all other attacks have a rating of 7 or lower.)

The enemy won't use a attack with priority lower than 3 from the highest priority attack available.

Amongst the actions set in [Action Patterns], the actions which will be performed during battle will be decided according to the following rules.
  • Those actions which fulfill the conditions will be picked out from the configured actions. No action will occur if there is no action that meets the required condition.
  • Within those actions that meet the conditions, the action with the highest rating and the action with a rating that is within two points of the highest rating will be treated as possible choices.
  • Amongst those possible choices, those actions which have a rating difference of 1 and 2 from the highest rating will have their chance of being chosen being 2/3 and 1/3 of the highest rating. The chance of being chosen will be the same for multiple actions which have the same rating.
Example 1: The action rating is [5] and [5]. The chance for each becomes 50%.
Example 2: The action rating is [6],[5],[4],[3]; [6] will be 50%, [5] will be 33.3% (2/3 of 50%), [4] will be 16.6% (1/3 of 50%). [3] will not be a choice.
Example 3: The action rating is [5],[3] and [3]; [5] is 60%, each [3] is 20% (1/3 of 60%).
  • The action used will be determined using random numbers based on the usage probability of those actions which are candidates.

Soo, if the highest priority attack available was [10], the boss only will use skills with priority [9] and [8]. If there's not any skill with priority [10], [9] and [8] available, he will use the Dragon Breath one.

TakumaGao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep. That part:

The enemy won't use a attack with priority lower than 3 from the highest priority attack available.

Soo, if the highest priority attack available was [10], the boss only will use skills with priority [9] and [8]. If there's not any skill with priority [10], [9] and [8] available, he will use the Dragon Breath one.
Alright, thanks! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
umememe