How can I make an sprite animation repeat only once?

Kato-A

Artist and developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A question:

How can I make an sprite animation repeat only once?

For example, I want my character to draw a sword from a rock, I made 10 sprites from him by slowly pulling the sword out of the rock to make it look fluid. How can I make it happen without having to change the sprite for each of the 10 movements? I don't know if I explained well...
(I use Mv but there's no Maker specific for Mv, I don't know why...)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MV has its own section in the Latest Game Development Engines part of the forum.

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I believe your best bet is just to have an event change your character's graphic, Wait a couple of frames, change your character's graphic again, Wait a couple frames, etc. until you've gone through all 10 frames of pulling out the sword. Any other solutions that I can think of would require plugins and be far more complex unless you're planning on doing stuff like this hundreds of times throughout your game.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Rakon wrote on xizorandy's profile.
Hello! I found a post of lightning strike pictures you posted. You said you made them, am I allowed to use them in my commercial project. Would be really cool!^^
evhht2zr.png

Have a nice day!
It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garima