Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
image_2022-08-16_211901281.png
so in this map i have a bunch of enemies i want to have encountered only when travelling through the water because there enemies like for e:g jellyfish and angler fish im not sure how to do it though

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is the entire purpose for Region IDs. You use the Region tab of the map editor to mark certain tiles, then in the Encounters section of the map properties you say which troops appear where.

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is the entire purpose for Region IDs. You use the Region tab of the map editor to mark certain tiles, then in the Encounters section of the map properties you say which troops appear where.
image_2022-08-16_213517264.pngc.png
thats what i did nothing happened

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't possibly offer any other suggestions. You've been told that it's useless to provide screenshots that are cropped to be so small.

Which plugin are you using that will allow you to have encounters while on a boat?

coyotecraft

Mythographer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Only the airship disables encounters. The boat and ship vehicles should work fine.
It's possible there is a parallel event running a move route command. Encounters won't occur during "forced" move route commands. But it doesn't have to be "movement" specifically.
It could be something like [Through OFF][Switch OFF][Transparency OFF], if these commands are looping in a parallel process the game will see it as a "forced movement" and so random encounters won't occur.

You might also check to make sure you don't have something equipped with the "No Encounters" Trait.
If you're loading an old save file, you might have also disabled encounters at some point. So it wouldn't hurt to just add in a dummy event with [Change Encounter...] ◉Enable. But you could rule that out if you can get random encounters else where.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only the airship disables encounters. The boat and ship vehicles should work fine.
You're right, I made a quick mock up of the OP's map and it works perfectly for me.

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's possible there is a parallel event running a move route command. Encounters won't occur during "forced" move route commands. But it doesn't have to be "movement" specifically.
It could be something like [Through OFF][Switch OFF][Transparency OFF], if these commands are looping in a parallel process the game will see it as a "forced movement" and so random encounters won't occur.

You might also check to make sure you don't have something equipped with the "No Encounters" Trait.
If you're loading an old save file, you might have also disabled encounters at some point. So it wouldn't hurt to just add in a dummy event with [Change Encounter...] ◉Enable. But you could rule that out if you can get random encounters else where.
Is there a way i can get encounters to happen when using the airship?

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a plugin for it.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd seriously consider why you would want random encounters with the airship though. Generally, getting an airship in a game marks the point when you can avoid battles since you're flying above them. Players might not enjoy being bugged by enemies when flying through the sky, so definitely think about whether it's worth possibly worsening the end user experience before implementing airship encounters.

coyotecraft

Mythographer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way i can get encounters to happen when using the airship?
JavaScript:
Game_Player.prototype.canEncounter = function() {
    return (
        !$gameParty.hasEncounterNone() &&
        $gameSystem.isEncounterEnabled() &&
        //!this.isInAirship() &&  // commented out, Balendra
        !this.isMoveRouteForcing() &&
        !this.isDebugThrough()
    );
};

In rmmz_objects.js you can find this canEncounter() function and comment out the condition that the player is not riding an Airship. Just put // infront. You might also make additional comments to yourself, so you can find where you made changes.

standard caution: changes to the core script are at risk of being overwritten if you ever use the update core script option in the editor.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've never felt prouder of my little game!! *o*
DamageEvil_2.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurpleClouds