Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
heres the plugin link

so in my game i wanna have a part where before you entire the final area of the game theres a enemy guarding it and if you beat him at the wuxing minigame he lets you past if you lose then you die i dont know if its possible though

Last edited:

Broliant112

The Emo One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You might want to clear this up. You don't specify who the "him" is that the enemy is guarding. It is also probably very possible.

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might want to clear this up. You don't specify who the "him" is that the enemy is guarding. It is also probably very possible.
Oh the enemy guarding the area is a dragon i didnt mean to say him

contentdeleted

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks like the minigame doesn't set anything that you can use to tell who won the game after the minigame scene ends. Luckily you can add that yourself very easily.
After a round is completed go ahead and add the winner info to a game variable.
On the above line (923) of the script just add the code
Code:
$gameVariables.setValue(NUMBER, $gameVariables.value(NUMBER) + winner[0]));
Where NUMBER is the variable number you want to use.

Then in your event that calls the minigame you can check if the variable is > 0 (the player won the most rounds overall) or less than 0 (the player lost more rounds) and handle the player death or npc movement in each branch. Of course it will be zero if there were only ties or equal losses and wins but that's up to you to decide if that constitutes a loss or a win.
Also with this method of incrementing the game variable I suggest setting your variable to 0 before calling the minigame. You could also just set the variable instead of adding to it if you're not running multiple rounds. ie
$gameVariables.setValue(NUMBER, winner[0]);

Hope this helps!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba