How can I make status effects interact with each other?

Mihnea

C++ adept
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what I'm looking to do is have 2 statuses that interact with each other. In my case I want to have a status named "open wound". I'd like that in the case the player has that effect and is also poisoned, the poison to deal significantly more damage than it normally would. Is there any way to do this? If not, are there any plugins that can allow me to do this?

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you could have 2 poison states, named equally but one does the extra damage, then roll an IsStateAffected on the damage formula which would check if the wounded state is present, you would need to manually roll the % and the status application inside the formula for both cases (extra damage and normal poison).

its lengthy formula-wise but no plugins are needed and can be tweaked at your leisure.

AdeptusUK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd be tempted to pull all the state damage out to a common event that is called on each state. Perfectly valid solution above, but if you want open wound to interact with poison AND bleed AND I dunno, on fire or whatever then you're going to need lots of states and damage formulas - really depends what you need. With a common event you'd only need the one state for each type as well. You'd probably need some js knowledge though to grab the actor ID at the relevant time.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
damage formula
b.isStateAffected(X) ? b.addState(Y);
X is poison state. Y is the + state

just need ask yourself "these stacking states? or does the upgraded version overwrite the X version of the state?" (Y state trait, resist state X)

Mihnea

C++ adept
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you all! It worked!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Part 2 of my Audio Engine tutorial for MZ is out!
Come join our stream starting at 2pm and win cool stuff! :D
Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reeman326