How can I move an object to reveal a secret entrance below it?

SaferZephyr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, in short; I want to do exactly what this person wanted to do here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/move-object-to-reveal-secret-passage-below.88489/

On my map I have a boulder that the user can press a button on and it will roll away.

Once it rolls away, I want a hole to appear in the ground where the boulder previously was and when the user walks on the hole they'll be transported to another map.

I have the hole event set up on the map else where and I'm using "Transport Event Location" to move it where the boulder once was but when it appears where the boulder once was it is no longer below the player; it's at the same level and no matter what trigger I set on it it won't move.

So, my two main queries are:

1) How can I make it so that once the hole event is moved it still works an entrance to the other map?
2) How can I make it so that the hole event is not visible on the map before the boulder is moved? (currently I have it just to the side of the map but it's in full view of the player)

I've attached screenshots of the map, the hole event and both pages of the boulder event.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is the hole a sprite or a tile? If it is a tile, what is its passability in the tileset?

and how do you determine that the priority was changed? because that usually don't happen unless something broke the engine, so I'm rather guessing that its a passability problem of a tile...

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're doing it wrong. You can set transfer player functions in a parallel process along with 2 variables that keep track of the player's X & Y coordinates. The boulder event can be where you want it & can move as set, then have the transfer player parallel process conditional check for those same coordinates & transfer the player when they step into those coordinates. Just set the hole as a tile that's already there. No need to try to stack or move events.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks OK to me. Like Andar says, check the passability of the tile in the database. Events using tiles for images will inherit that tile's passability (useful for making on/off bridges!).

Alternatively you could set the hole to Same as characters priority and Player Touch trigger, so it acts like a wall but will activate if walked into. If using this approach, you could add a move route to make the player walk onto that tile before transferring, e.g.
Code:
◆Set Movement Route:Player (Wait)
:                  :◇Through ON
:                  :◇1 Step Forward
:                  :◇Through OFF
◆Transfer Player:Cast Away Cave (3,3)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're doing it wrong. You can set transfer player functions in a parallel process
no, the OP uses a valid method.
Quite on the contrary I consider his method better than using a parallel process, because parallel processes add to lag and may create timing errors if too many of them are in a project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)
Catching up on some anime I never finished . . . "This Day × And × This Moment" . . . first time I shed a tear watching something.
oh frisk i wont be able to jog for at least 2 weeks ;-; its like a nightmare
It was my birthday yesterday woooo /) ~ 3 ~)/)~~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylphia