How can I Play movie after choosing a skill in battle in RPG MAKER MV

GTFoxN6Y

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am haft way finished with GT Battle Station Xross Generations demo, but I need the game to make it more awesome by adding a super combo movie while in battle mode. I tried this code:

# -------------------------------------------------
# Script Name : Play Movie before skill
# Scripter : efeberk
# Date : 29.07.2013 07:28
# Version : RPG Maker VX Ace(RGSS3)
# ------------------------------------------------
#
# How to:
#
# Just add a little text to skill notetag
#
# <movie: x>
#
# x = movie name
#

class RPG::Skill < RPG::UsableItem

def movie
@note.scan(/<(?:MOVIE|movie):\s(\w+)>/i)
return $1.to_s
end

end

class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase

def use_item(item)
if item.is_a?(RPG::Skill)
Graphics.play_movie('Movies/' + item.movie) unless item.movie.empty?
pay_skill_cost(item)
end
consume_item(item) if item.is_a?(RPG::Item)
item.effects.each {|effect| item_global_effect_apply(effect) }
end
end
but that doesn't work. So how can I play the movie on the battle just like RMVX Ace?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moved to Plugin Requests.

It sounds like you are asking for a conversion of this script from VX Ace to MV. Before someone (hopefully) takes the time to help you convert it, can you test the script in VX Ace and make sure it actually does (in Ace) what you're hoping to accomplish in MV?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I am haft way finished with GT Battle Station Xross Generations demo, but I need the game to make it more awesome by adding a super combo movie while in battle mode. I tried this code:

but that doesn't work. So how can I play the movie on the battle just like RMVX Ace?
That is ruby script for ACE... you might need to ask someone to convert it to Javascript

alternatively... Victor battle motion plugin can play movie if i remember correctly... you might want to try that too...
Check the video on that page at 1:28

GTFoxN6Y

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moved to Plugin Requests.

It sounds like you are asking for a conversion of this script from VX Ace to MV. Before someone (hopefully) takes the time to help you convert it, can you test the script in VX Ace and make sure it actually does (in Ace) what you're hoping to accomplish in MV?
The internet said it works on MX Ace but can it still work on MV?

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The internet said it works on MX Ace but can it still work on MV?
Unfortunately since VX Ace is written in Ruby (same as VX and XP) and MV is written in JavaScript (same as MZ), MV won't know what to make of the Ace script when you feed it in. That's why'd you need to have someone convert it to an MV-compatible plugin (a separate JS file similar to a script) for you. Occasionally, a kind member here will see a request like that and make it happen for you.

GTFoxN6Y

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately since VX Ace is written in Ruby (same as VX and XP) and MV is written in JavaScript (same as MZ), MV won't know what to make of the Ace script when you feed it in. That's why'd you need to have someone convert it to an MV-compatible plugin (a separate JS file similar to a script) for you. Occasionally, a kind member here will see a request like that and make it happen for you.
How?

GTFoxN6Y

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is ruby script for ACE... you might need to ask someone to convert it to Javascript

alternatively... Victor battle motion plugin can play movie if i remember correctly... you might want to try that too...
Check the video on that page at 1:28
IT don't work. I tried it and the error said: CANNOT READ PROPERLY "PUSH" OF UNDEFINED.
How can I fix it?

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
i think that plugin have plugin dependencies...
you also need to install Victor Engine – Basic Module
place the basic module above the battle motions plugin.
hope this help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

To composers out there, what are atleast 4 instruments overall I need to have to make my music not feeling empty? I'm here stuck trying to make my own battle music but it kinda sounds... Not intense?
My computer broke yesterday, so no RPG maker for at least a week until I can get it repaired. :(
Just wanted to share how my game won 1st place in a game jam for itch.io. Everyone else used Unreal, Unity, GMS2, Godot, etc but I used RPG Maker 2003 :guffaw: It just shows that you can create a good game and it doesn't matter which engine you use
Working on cutscenes~

if your game is the first (or ONLY) in a series and still has a colon in its title, you are a bad person and I hate you...... jk.

who could ever hate BETWEEN: TWO SOULS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lobsterknees