How can I remove a game reset? (F5 refresh)

WarG011

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not talking about disabling the F5 key. I already have that covered. I'm talking about removing the reset of a game as such.

example:

Desktop 19-9-2020 12-25-19 p. m.-494.png

And the reset stays there in each project. By the way, it also doesn't change the icon that I put in my game when the reset occurs

Last edited:

PMantis13

Caipirinha lover.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What reset are you talking about? It's not clear to me, even with this picture that only shows a map, a party, and the UI touch event, what you want to remove.

WarG011

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What reset are you talking about? It's not clear to me, even with this picture that only shows a map, a party, and the UI touch event, what you want to remove.
In the Playtest, I accidentally hit F5, it is difficult for me to explain what happens but this can help me explain:(What does F5 do?)

And I want to remove that. As I said before. I don't want to remove the F5 key command. I want to remove what happens when I press F5

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
F5 refreshes/reloads the page.

@franapo0990: save this as a .js file and import it as a plugin~
Code:
(function() {
	var alias = SceneManager.onKeyDown;
	SceneManager.onKeyDown = function(event) {
		if (event.keyCode !== 116) alias.call(this, event);
	};
})();

WarG011

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks caethyril, but i don't know how to use it. And if it works automatically. It didn't work

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks caethyril, but i don't know how to use it. And if it works automatically. It didn't work
You need to add this as a plugin and turn it on. I don't get it why you've uploaded the picture then...

WarG011

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I fixed it, but i still have a question (not to make another post). Also, when I press F5, the icon that I put in my game changes to the default of rpg maker mv and I can't change it.

WarG011

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to add this as a plugin and turn it on. I don't get it why you've uploaded the picture then...
I thought the UI touch event had been set when I pressed F5. That's why I had put that image, I see that I was wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.
If you get everything you want, when you want it, it kills your creativity. If you never get anything you want, you're forced to be creative with what you have.
Old chiptune loops free for use.
I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsun