cloa513

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Surely that is possible- how can I do that? The map is close to having everything I need but need to enter from West rather than North or South.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in 2D, you cannot rotate the perspective that way.

you can have the party enter from the west without problems, but the perspective will remain north top even when entering from the west.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It is not possible to auto-do that.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
technically, it is.
it's called matrix transposition, and it's done in calculus all the time.
can it be applied to an RM map? yes... the map object is just a bunch of numbers.
would it look good after it's done? probably not, since what you lay "in front" of walls from "this" side, would end up "behind" the wall on "that" side, but still appear "above" it and floating in the air.

old Tycoon-style DOS games used to do this to simulate a camera rotation, but their layering was different.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So...as the others said, it's impossible for this to just be normal. But you can still like, give the "illusion" that it happened. And the calculus part gstv87 brings up is useful information, but kind of impractical for your need.

Your best bets for pulling the illusion off are going to be one of the two things, both of which require some work.

1) Create a 2nd map that looks exactly like the the 1st map...if the 2nd map was at the right angle you were talking about. (This would require you make sure it's the same layout, figure out transition points, etc.). You could then use this 2nd map to "transition" to when the map "angles" that 90 degrees. And surely, that would probably be tricky, but doable.

2) You'll need a plugin for this: Create a Picture of your map and use the Change Picture option to rotate the map-illusion picture, although this might cause conflict with how the player/team navigates. You could probably pull it off with something like Galv's Layer plugin and have the layer (picture) rotate.

I'd personally try going for 1 since that seems like the easiest route, but these are probably the best options available for what you want.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@PoptartPresident the user Robert-Developer_of_Bis also tried this a while ago, with a plugin.
we talked about something similar to this, and he found a workaround by using parallax maps and a region collision plugin.
don't know if he ever fully cracked it tho.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PoptartPresident the user Robert-Developer_of_Bis also tried this a while ago, with a plugin.
we talked about something similar to this, and he found a workaround by using parallax maps and a region collision plugin.
don't know if he ever fully cracked it tho.

Oh! Did they ever happen to make progress on anything? If so, maybe it could be worth sharing incase OP wants more options/inspiration.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@PoptartPresident keep in mind that XP dont use plugins but scripts
like VXA, and the language is ruby I think or a different one.

so your plugin suggestion doesn't work.

there might be region collisions scripts for XP, and rotating for parallax.
but pulling something off during walking wont be easy, it might be doable,
but it require alot of time and re-positioning of the region collision.

quicktransfer when facing might do the trick, but when walking up = still North
like Andar said, but you can make a compass that point to west when facing up.

if he got the time, it might be doable, but it needs alot of XY to place the
regions to do so and correctly and tons of testing :).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was just too curious, so I tried to solve the problem by roughly writing the specifications of the RPG Maker style system (like a programming language).

I can able to see that ChatGPT-3 understands the problem well and proposes a solution according to the specifications I defined.

Adobe Premiere just crashed so hard it broke my GPU drivers sending me on a DDU quest. Why does this company with it's awful software subscription model and bloated software still dominate the industry? :rolleyes: Can we collectively agree to not support this company any more?
Stage 1 Card.png
struture-wise, my game operates more like a beat 'em up than an rpg. so each area of the city you run around in counts as a stage when you first get there. A silhouette of the boss/bosses will be in these stage intro pics, along with the stage name.
I still do this kinda stuff and I think this came out really, really well. Solo violin really helps this piece shine.
Currently at beginner level, checking tutorials on YT and Skillshare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KisanaHunter