Not open for further replies.

DarkSpines_Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi! I'm currently using RMVA to make my game and I know this japanese script that allows to save the set variables after closing game, but, can I do the same with switches?

Thanks!

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please link the script in question, we are not psychics.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What do you try to achieve?
Persistent data through plays, even after deleting saves by any chance?
Just a hunch, I am trying to guess here. It would be nice to see that script you are talking about.

DarkSpines_Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay, that script has nothing to do with why I'm asking for, but since you want it too bad...

Japanese Script (provided by user "username"):

DarkSpines_Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That one's for RMVX, not Ace. But I'd like to save set switches in Ace.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Still, it seems I know what you wanna do.
Okay please tell me IN DETAIL what you wanna happen.

Play game, Save it, log out, close game, delete save, create new game and a switch to be still ON?
If so that is called Persistent Data.

Also sorry but I have to do this, don't get intimmidated, we post blue text so we can help new users adapt soon.
You can use edit instead.

@DarkSpines_Games , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The provided script does have a "SWITCH" line where you would write the switches you want as persistent data as explained by Dreadshadow, so I don't know what exactly the problem is. Procurring a VXA version perhaps?

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know what exactly the problem is. Procurring a VXA version perhaps?
This is what the OP said:
That one's for RMVX, not Ace. But I'd like to save set switches in Ace.
So I guess that the problem lies within the fact that the script does not work for Ace, only for VX, and the OP wants it to be adapted for VX Ace.

There was a similar discussion on this forum last week, you can check it here. There is a link to a script that allows you to use persistent data (provided that persistent data is what you need). However, to be sure, please tell us in detail what you want to achieve, as @Dreadshadow said, this way we can know for sure if that script works for you or not.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@DarkSpines_Games even if you do not want to use those scripts and you really want to use the japanese one for some reason, the main difference between VX and VX Ace concerning that script is that saving/loading the game in VX was something handled by the Scene_File class, while in VX Ace the DataManager module does that instead. Simply changing that should work, at a first glance every other aliased method exists in VX Ace as well.

DarkSpines_Games

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks you all, think it's solved. By the way, I'm so sorry about the double posting, I'm new and I haven't read ALL rules, but I will. Thanks you again!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Entry #11 - The someone with tentacles is back!

9c3d9c_8e0b34064d294c748927c1d9a3d4e4f7~mv2.png
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thimmyzxc