How can I sell games?

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by Lance Skyes, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Lance Skyes

Lance Skyes Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how to sell games made? When they're not rushed and/or of decent quality, what means would you suggest? App Store? Google Play? Cthulhu forbid... Steam? Or is there another medium I don't know about?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, of course - that is handled in the commercial part of the forum, where I'll move this topic to.

Just read the tutorials around here - most of them are older and have been written while Ace was around, but the only difference introduced by MV is the option to sell at other types of shops (shops for mobile games). And selecting where to sell your game is something to be done last, after you got things like a business licence to keep you out of prison (selling without business tax will get you into problems fast)

I've moved this thread to Commercial Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    he cannot see the commercial area yet //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

4. Menos

Menos Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In addition to all the available stores, consider that Kickstarter and Patreon can effectively be stores for games that don't exist yet. If you're confident in your ability to deliver a finished product and have any kind of social network to leverage, those might be useful options.