Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Specify Battleback
When not specified, a background that conforms to the terrain will be automatically selected.
(works when world type/field type is selected in the mode for the tileset).

So I have an overworked map and I want to control what battle background is specified per each independent tile for example forest for forest auto tiles, grass for grass auto tiles, water for water auto tiles e.t.c. MV seems to implement this automatically when using the RTP or sample maps but lets say I don't like the battle background for the hills and want to change that only.

I don't understand how exactly it specifies the battle back per tile. It seems Terrain Tags are used just to store a number but don't actually do anything unless called in an event (which just returns a number to a variable). Is there something I'm missing in the manual?

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

This is not something I'd ever even considered but wow! What a way to use music in a game.
I am a complete fool. I went through the trouble of making a clone sprite and setting up a system to have the characters flash, when it turns out - I never noticed that the "._mainSprite" was the actual bitmap being used. I'm happy since that makes compatibility easier, but I also want to scream.
Synchronizing bust and sprite expressions! Plus using a phone behaviour :kaopride:
BVadZby.gif

Long gif tho, let it load first :kaoswt2:
Wondering how to force a Save State in VNMaker with a name and how to call it with a scene event in order to double check if this Save State exists or not. Phew... Leaving breadcrumbs for chapter DLCs to pickup would be more than half the fight in order to finish this visual novel :LZSsad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ridge_tim