How can I transfer player within the same without reloading it?

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I need to move the player from location within the map. Moving is too slow, even at max speed.

Transfer player with fade none works wonders, however it reloads everything on the map and therefore it looks clunky.

In other words, what I need, is Set Event Location but for the player.

Can such a thing be done?

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
$gamePlayer.locate(newx, newy);

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It read to me like he was fine with the transition but just didn't want all the events on the map to reset. That is a cool effect, though.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought reloading the map only happened if you went to a new map. That's the way it worked in every previous version of the engine, and MV is pretty must just Ace in another language as far as the scripts go.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what I thought too Shaz, but I assumed I was mistaken when he said the events reloaded when he did a transition on the same map. Guess I should have tested it first.

Edit: Can confirm events don't reload if you're teleporting on the same map.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice. Saves me having to look it up :)

So then, @masterlobo - what do you mean by "it reloads everything on the map and therefore it looks clunky"? Because it doesn't reload anything. Unless you've got a plugin that causes it.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nice. Saves me having to look it up :)

So then, @masterlobo - what do you mean by "it reloads everything on the map and therefore it looks clunky"? Because it doesn't reload anything. Unless you've got a plugin that causes it.
Sorry, finally had time to reply.

So, I did verify that events do not reload, the clunkiness is because the parallax (if set to move) resets its movement. When the parallax restarts its movement, it looks clunky and as if the map reloaded.

Is there a way around that?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is that Game_Map's parallaxX is set to the value of _displayX as part of setting the display position, which will happen if you teleport. You could add a "preserve parallax" flag that gets turned on/off when you need to keep it in the same position, then have an if statement that only sets it if the flag is off.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr