How can players choose order of attack in they party?

lecospn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi guys, how are you all?
So, I need a little help with RMXP.

I'm trying to set up a specific battle system where the player can choose the order of attack in his party. I now that the RMXP's battle system uses speed and randomness to determine who strikes first, but I want the player to have full control of that (in his party, obviously). How can I do that?

Again, I know that the engine uses speed to do that, but I dont wanna use speed. I want the player to be able to choose exactly who will strike first, even if its the slowest character. It makes sense in the context of the game.

How can I do that? Is theres a script around that do this? Thanks in advance!

orochi2k

The Mad King of Neolithic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Find "def make_action_orders" in Scene_Battle 4 (it's likely here. But, I've modified my game too much. Thus, I'm not sure)
Find
@action_battlers.sort! {|a,b|
b.current_action.speed - a.current_action.speed }
That's the place where the order is decided. By default, it is determined by speed.
It will require some modification here to suit your needs.
It may also need to change UI a bit to allow users to be able to input the order.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.
Dear developers, exp gain scaling (reduced gain when you are over-leveled) suck. Please don't do it. Thank you.
Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript are now updated with their latest episodes, folks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suisan