andrechan

Only hungry when asked
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys, so...I'm trying to build my game right now and I'm thinking of adding some features to it. I've seen tons of tutorials to scripting of course. This place is littered with them, and I LOVE IT! 

What I'm trying to ask is how you guys approached scripting when you realized you needed it in your game? 

Did you research on how to apply certain scripts in your game?
Did you learn it from the ground up, starting with the basic denominations?
Did you only need some features in, and after putting it in, stopped scripting. 

I love VXA, and I love discovering things about it every day, but sometimes the deepness of the engine can be daunting. Would love some input on how ya'll learned, and how long it took. 

Thanks <3

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to Learning Ruby and RGSSx. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
"Did you learn it from the ground up, starting with the basic denominations?" is probably the best way (unless you like having headaches from bugs that you do not know how to fix).

imo of course.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexFliv0