Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, the other day I was wondering how you all came up with your nicknames? Did it just came to your mind or did you find inspiration somewhere? Or maybe it's a combination of different things?

Many people associate my name with Lord of the Rings even though it was not inspired by it. I've been writing my own stories (as well as FanFictions) for more than 14 years now. Several years ago I was thinking about names for my new characters and one of the names was "Vanyar". I've never even read the books of Lord of the Rings and I also haven't watched any of the movies at that time. It was years later that I learned that my name was part of that universe.
At the moment I'm thinking about changing my nickname. I really like the name but I think it shouldn't be associated with Lord of the Rings if I publish one of my games. But I have no idea how to find a great new nickname. So maybe it can help me if I know how you came up with your nicknames - and I'm curious as well of course :)

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I've had mine for many years across multiple sites- I first made it when I was just getting into YuGiOh. Probably not the most humble or intriguing backstory, but that is mine...

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Searched for names that were a variant of my real name (or a variant of a variant). I have another handle that I use for everything else pretty much, but I wanted to separate my game dev a bit. Funny thing is, I forget to pronounce it right a lot of times heh.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to have another, shorter name, but I quickly found out names get taken on the internet for websites with some popularity. So I went for this one, that's longer and less likely to be taken by some stranger. All my names I use online are for characters I've created at some point. As for Milennin, he's pretty much retired as a character from my stories, but it's my go-to name for many online places.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Celianna Nami is a name I frequently use, and it has to do with liking Harvest Moon! My first HM game was A Wonderful Life, which had two characters in it named Celia and Nami that I liked. Celia is a name frequently taken on websites/games/etc. so I decided to make it longer by turning it into Celianna. I use Nami whenever a game requires me to input a last name.

Nami also coincides with my favourite League champion.

Anarcho-paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
A not so sober D&D game where my paladin character had to wonder about the moral implications of a lawful good alignment; what part was he to privilege when lawful couldn't be good, and vice versa? He came to the conclusion that good had to be prioritized over lawfulness, hence...

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Theo and Allen are sort of my irl name, but spelled differently. It was from Theodoric the Goth when I was playing Age of Empire II when I was kid. It sounded cool and it's like my name, so I used it. At the first time I used a full name Theodoric up to mid 2010, I decided to change it to TheoAllen (with exact capitalization of T and A with no space).

The name Theolized though, it sounds weird and not quite fancy as everyone else come up with their names or brand. But, it came from people telling me that my style is unique. The name can simply be translated into "my version". It is true that because I usually screw off the standard or other people's style, and do whatever I want. It's usually my second name I use if TheoAllen is already taken.

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using some variation of my name for so long I honestly can't remember when I started using it. & using some variation of my icon character in conjunction with it, for nearly as long.

I suppose you could call it a kind of cypher, encapsulating a given perspective. A bit of an inside joke if you will.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OnslaughtSupply what did you sell?

As a teen my online handle used to be the redneck philosopher. For some reason that started causing me problems a few years back so I changed it to a Latin phrase meaning vagrant philosopher, only bastardized so that in my head the choppy wording translates it back to redneck philosopher.

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I love (sir) Terry Pratchett and Eric is one of my favourite books of all time.
Back when I was youger I liked the fact that it was a joke recognized in universe that you couldn't pronounce it and it always gave me a chuckle when people asked how you pronounce it and inevitably failed.

My semi recent accounts and characters are almost always named Aälea now, which is the name of a character of a long since abandonned game of my own making. Maybe she'll have a game one day if I can stop making random plugins and focus on my limited dev time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I didn't think I'd spend the evening jamming out to the battle theme of a Hole Punch.
Welcome back to the dark era, where everything is in dark mode!
I'm not complaining! :o
Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shorp_