Padramyr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for all the answers! It's pretty interesting how many ways there are to find a name :D

Celianna Nami is a name I frequently use, and it has to do with liking Harvest Moon! My first HM game was A Wonderful Life, which had two characters in it named Celia and Nami that I liked. Celia is a name frequently taken on websites/games/etc. so I decided to make it longer by turning it into Celianna. I use Nami whenever a game requires me to input a last name.

Nami also coincides with my favourite League champion.
Harvest Moon is a great game and I started with A Wonderful Life too :D
That's a good idea to alter a character name from a game. Maybe I can find a new name this way.

When I was younger I wondered why you never saw owls crying even though they felt emotion.
Oh, haha. Now that's a really interesting/funny way and something I would never think of xD

A not so sober D&D game where my paladin character had to wonder about the moral implications of a lawful good alignment; what part was he to privilege when lawful couldn't be good, and vice versa? He came to the conclusion that good had to be prioritized over lawfulness, hence...
First of all: Pen&Paper is great ^^. And a good conclusion by your character xD
Maybe I could think of something similar.

Previous topic on this question. Mine was the fifth answer on the first page.
I searched the forums and still couldn't find that thread. Must have been blind and overlooked it (I was really tired at that moment) ^^"
I'll check that thread too, thanks xD

Idiot

save early, save often, save versions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On here I just entered the first word I thought of ;;
For the handle I'd usually use, I think I ended up getting it from a generator that smushed two words together and really liked it!

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Windows 7 + Core i7

I made the name around 2009 (a bit before Windows 7 came out) when I got my first custom PC with the first generation Intel Core i7 (the 920, specifically). That was one heck of a CPU for its time, that is for sure.

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We needed a company name for our game Stitched, so we came up with Fluffex Studios after several meetings.

rpgdreamer

His Royal Highness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I signed up I had the dream of making an epic RPG. My goals have changed since then, but the name makes me feel fond. :kaoluv:

BlueWulf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not that creative and tends always reuse this nickname, so i just stuffed in one nickname two things i like the most, so at the very least people would get a feel as to what kind of person i might be.

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Back when I was going through a bit of a depressive phase, I decided to take a mishmash of Japanese words/characters from the game Okami and make it my new username. The exact thought process was Yami (Okami's big bad) + Yomi (the Japanese underworld, and a likely inspiration for Yami's name) + Yumigami (Okami's brush god of the moon) + changing the first "I" to an "E" for originality. A more straightforwards route would be taking Yomigami (Okami's brush god of regeneration, and the first brush god encountered within the game) and changing the first I to an E, but my mind is never straightforwards.

Quite a while later, I appended the initials "D.L.," which stands for "Dark Lord." I liked the business card look the initials gave my name. And that's how it got to be how it is now.

I found out much later that my username could also mean "God's wife," which was completely unintentional (I was a teenager when I initially came up with the name and a particularly oblivious one at that; alternative meanings were not something I considered). It's kind of awkward considering I currently identify as male with no plans of getting married, though also considering that I'm not 100% sure on what my gender identity is and simply that I've been using it for a long time now it'd feel equally awkward to change it.

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love threads like this... so bear with me.

I used to be a professional counter-strike player, used to go by various different names, but I wanted something more unique to myself.

I grew up as a punk rocker, love it; all variations of it. Had a huge mohawk for a good portion of my college days. People would always wanna touch my hair, I didn't mind.

Anyway--I needed a new name for my gaming... so I got my name "Sam" and put "KFJ" at the end.

Now--here's where the punk reference comes into play... there's a band called the Circle Jerks (strange name; I warn you--do not google the meaning.) Anyway--they have a song it's called "Killing For Jesus" not one of my favorite songs by them, but yeah; made a bit of sense back then while playing counter-strike.

Since then, I just go by samkfj; a mixture of me and my love for punk rock. My wife even uses it, she's jennykfj (she's from Germany too!)

Last edited:

CodeHunterEx

Hunter of the Perfect Code
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My nickname came about from a movie of the same name. It was also called "Storm Watch" and came out in 2002.

The main character was a kid who wasn't trying to beat the computer, but instead was trying to get the computer to beat him. It stars Adrian Paul and it is one of my most favorite movies. I tossed in Ex for no particular reason.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Part of my real name and then just bastardized it, nothing fancy there lol

consolcwby

(2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I came up with mine in 1987 on QuantumLink - I Originally wanted Wordsmith, but it was taken and William Gibson's Neuromancer was right next to me. Nice thing is, I got mentioned alot in the media! Lol! You can quote me: "I WAS the new wave, now I'm just an old DRIP!" :p

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I coulda swore I answered this on the other thread but it's not there soooo...

My name is based on both my real name (Rose being a shorter form of my actual name and something I frequently go by) and a chatspeak version of a character's name from Martin the Warrior by Brian Jacques. I've been L8rose on pretty much everything since the 90s.

Hyouryuu-Na

Sodium girl is on a break
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This name is a modified form of a previous name which I think meant drifting moon in Japanese. I was a total crazy otaku when I was 13/14 so I came up with that weird name. The main purpose of that name was to establish a new identity for myself in wattpad. But my book kinda disappeared from the site idk how (must be some website error. My friend's account disappeared! I should be happy that only a book disappeared in my case. I still have a backup version of it but i'm not gonna post it there again. Once was enough *sobs*) so I changed my name to HyouryuuNa (Because I wanted to forget the loss and carry on) The added hyphen is just to bring a variation to it lol.
I guess now it means drifting sodium... 0_0

Last edited:

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had mine for at least 12+ years. My sister always pointed out how indecisive I was back then and used the word "conflicted", so when I joined a big forum called "gaia online"and tried to think of a name and went with conflicted, but the name was already taken and after trial and error Conflictedx3 was available, over the years it shortened to Conflictx3 but every site I've touched has either variation of the name.

Fun fact: I did alot of music over the years and my stage name/nick name is infact "Conflict", its even tattoo'd on my writing arm, all goes back to gaia online!

hero_buddy

artist and pro cat petter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I began calling myself a hero online after playing a bunch of LoZ games when I was 15. I eventually just began using "hero" as my online handle, and I enjoy being a buddy to all! Hence, "hero_buddy".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them
Bleeding Moons has its release date: September 3rd!
Do you stick with the RM default, or set a custom one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz