MadMaus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My nickname comes from a series of favourite characteres from different media that, coincidentally or not, are all mice or alike.

The main two are a giant mad mercenary antropomorphic rat that I can't remember the name anymore and the graphic novel Maus: A Survivor's Tale from Art Spiegelman (maus is german for mouse).

Senatris

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry didn't mean to post here.

Last edited:

RetroExcellent

Cute Kiwi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My nickname comes from a series of favourite characteres from different media that, coincidentally or not, are all mice or alike.

The main two are a giant mad mercenary antropomorphic rat that I can't remember the name anymore and the graphic novel Maus: A Survivor's Tale from Art Spiegelman (maus is german for mouse).
Maus is a really great book, and deeply touching.

My name is actually a trial and error result from a website I was going to set up. I wanted to do some tutorials and blog posts about old school sprite design in snes/genesis era games. So I tried to come up with something like Pixel Perfect or anything along those lines, but it never worked. Moved from pixel to Retro and finally Retro Excellent came about.

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My screen name used to be 'mostly useless', so I guess I'm a bit more confident now :D

marbeltoast

Your future fish emporer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Way way back in the mid 2000's, there was this online MMORPG style thing called AdventureQuest. I saw my brother playing it one day and decided that I would play it too. In retrospect, it was pretty bad, but hey, I was a kid, I didn't really have any standards. Anyway, it required you to have a name for your character, and, being a kid, I made my name BIG BLOCK CAPS of the first two funny sounding words I could think of. Trouble is, I didn't know how to spell, so instead of being MARBLETOAST, I was MARBELTOAST.

Later on in life I needed usernames and such for other websites and games and what have you, and I remembered that dumb name in block caps with the spelling mistake in it and chuckled. It was as good as any other name. I did decide to change the block caps to no caps though, but I couldn't bring myself to spell it right, because, on some level, being imperfect is what made it mine. Anything less than all the flaws and dumb jokes that define me in real life would simply feel ingenuine.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Lornsteyn was the last name of one of my maincharacters in an old VXAce project I have worked between 2012-2013.
I had no fixed username until then and I really liked the name so I took it.
It is also kinda funny how many english speaking people seem to have problems to pronounce it, so they just call me Lorn.^^

MadMaus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lornsteyn was the last name of one of my maincharacters in an old VXAce project I have worked between 2012-2013.
I had no fixed username until then and I really liked the name so I took it.
It is also kinda funny how many english speaking people seem to have problems to pronounce it, so they just call me Lorn.^^
You know, I'm a curious man. Google Translator says "Lorn" means "Abandoned" in portuguese, but this word doesn't appears to exist in german. Since "Stein" means "Stone" does Lornstein (or Lornsteyn") have any special meaning or is it just a name? Lornstein meaning "Abandoned Stone" would be a really cool name for a mystical location in a fantasy setting (instead of "Verlassener Stein"). :p

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You know, I'm a curious man. Google Translator says "Lorn" means "Abandoned" in portuguese, but this word doesn't appears to exist in german. Since "Stein" means "Stone" does Lornstein (or Lornsteyn") have any special meaning or is it just a name? Lornstein meaning "Abandoned Stone" would be a really cool name for a mystical location in a fantasy setting (instead of "Verlassener Stein"). :p
It was really completely random, there is no other meaning to it.^^
When I thought about names I came up with Lorn and then I played with the rest.
Styn, Stayn, steyn...Lornsteyn thats it.
I wanted the y in it, I have a weird fetish for this letter. xD

Abadoned Stone sounds like some mysterious island.^^

Diego2112

The Gaming Gamer Who Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Shorthand version: Xenos M. O'Sullivan is a character from a Dieselpunk/Gaslamp Romance (yes, you read that right) novella I was writing at one point. Well, it started off as a romance, quickly turned into a political intrigue/clandestine operation novella with a romance backdrop. During that time (2010-2015ish) most usernames were Xenos or some derivative thereof.

The 2112 is easy--2112 is the absolute greatest Rock Opera ever recorded, bar none, and I will fight you on it.

EDIT: Thanks to the Username Change, should probably explain where Diego comes from--much like Xenos, he's a character I created, but for a Monomythopoetic Epic Dark Fantasy with Arthurian Flare. Also like Xenos, he started off very based off of me (hey, I wrote what I knew, right?), and ended up a totally different (much darker/much more jaded) individual who's only link to me now is I'm the creator. Diego, the Shadow's Bane, which over the years is eventually bastardized into "Shadowbane." Interestingly, he's not the bane of Shadows, but he is the Shadow God's (Named Shadoweaver) Executioner. One of the more interesting characters I've created, he's uh... Well, I do that Terry Goodkind thing--where I'm neither Good, NOR Kind to my creations. He can't have nice things, and he gets beat around and nearly killed more than a certain Drow Ranger (interestingly, the Shadoweaver's backstory is he comes from the Underdark, but accidentally planeswalked to the universe Diego's story takes place in), but he's a great character, and loads of potential.

One day, he will feature in a game I make.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Maybe not.

Last edited:

synchronicity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There was a song on the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles OST that was called "synchronicity" and when I actually started reading up on it, I found that I really liked the concept behind it and I guess the deeper meaning to it, so it's a term that's just stuck with me ever since.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been using artoni for 20 years; it's from someone else's RP character, the angel of fire or sumsuch as I recall correctly. I liked the sound and just stuck with it.

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A long time ago me and a couple of friends used to regularly sell plasma at a plasma bank. It's sort of like donating blood, only they put the red blood cells back in, but keep the plasma. Anyway, I named the vein on my right arm "Jimmy", and before we went into the plasma bank, I would always slap it a few times (kind of like a junky) and say "Come on Jimmy, make me some money".

Eventually I wrote a song about it called "Jimmy the Vein". Then, years later, I used Jimmy Devain as a web alias, because it sounds like a real name. That got shortened to JDevain.

You can still see the pock mark on Jimmy from all the times he got stuck with a big needle. I was getting a massage one time, and the mesuese noticed it and asked me if I used to shoot heroin.

Good times.

1ce

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was playing a MMORPG and the name Ice was pretty generic, so I had the idea to put a 1 instead of an I. Thirteen year old me was a genius.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was 10 and obsessed with all things Japanese and came up with a cool sounding name for a fire sorcerer for my d&d campaign. It became my handle on the bbs boards and just carried over to my online life.

Depending on how it's written it could mean crowds, crown or vegetable peddler XD

realice

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Mine Its from my first name but use english accent
:D

Gradian

Paperbag Sloth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English-M'sian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Purposeful misspelling/mispronunciation of "gradient". i thought it was pretty unique and fits my type of field(artist). didnt know (or rather forgot old highschool math classes) it was a mathematical term until i googled it.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, for iMTG my nickname was Birdbrain, i felt stupid at the time and thought it would fit. I tried using that on here, but for some reason, it said it was unavalible. So i just started throwing varients of it at the wall (Nickname input), untill one varient stuck. Now i think Oddball fits better than Birdbrain

Mako_Sharknado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My real name is "Mako"

A "mako" is a type'a shark'n the Maori word for "shark"

I like the movie Sharknado

"Mako" rhymes with "nado" so it flows nicely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
Despite time and all the other things I am working on, I decided that I am going to start a Fire Emblem-like project. Follow your dreams! I'll just have to balance hours efficiently. I'm also not making this as complex as my Might and Magic inspired project, so it will be a much easier project to work on.
So I've taken to doing a test of the game, and making a list of everything I think of during the test to add/fix. Over the course of the night I check them off as I do them, and by the end of the night I always feel like I've accomplished something. :LZSexcite:
Eventz MZ? Events MZ!
My laptop has been restarting for around ten minutes. Not updating. I am concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reich