How did you develop the mythos of your game?

Julijewels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I create maps, then entrances, then secrets, then add the characters you can interact with on said maps, I tend to come up with character personalities as I create them in the character gen. I then try to connect them to a couple characters on the same/surrounding maps which helps me create mini stories which can then be built upon to come up with deeper lore.

Relations tl;dr

Maps>Characters>Characters>Area Lore>World Lore>Minor Plot>Major Plot

As for coming up with really anything I kind of just wing it and make sure to give myself lots of room to make changes if needed. I don't connect anything in the actual game until I'm sure that it makes sense to me.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When it comes to the lore in my more comedic projects, it sort of just comes about as it goes along, and since all 4 RM games I've released ended up being related somehow.... it just ended up in this complicated string. One began as sort of a nod and "parody" of mind numbing CLAMP twists, so I tried to do something CLAMP style in the twist of my first RM game where even I didn't fully understand it until I started writing the sequel lol. Since then, my other projects have referenced it and this lore I built up which began in a joke game started to become more serious as I started to flesh out character backstories and how certain things intertwine, etc.

My more serious worlds are more deliberate. I have many inspirations and try to think, if I had a story with this theme or that theme, or I did it this way, etc. so then that develops over years, and then I add things like "I hadn't seen this genre do this before" and add it in. I also love conlangs, and even developed a language for one particular world uses (I constantly keep adding words to its dictionary, and I even have a conjugation section!) For the world's spiritual side, usually my own faith inspires the religion which is why it ends up monotheistic. Whilst I have not officially made a game for it yet, I have a fantasy world that I've been developing since I was 14 (and am planning to finally make a game based in it... but there's a lot of different time periods and important events it could happen in, there's even a post-apocalyptic era in its further future which is even more fleshed out than its ancient era lol).

So yeah, two ways how I develop the lore in my worlds. It really depends on the genre I am going for, and whether or not it's serious. But even my comedic projects do take on serious tones in some of its lore, I think it helps balance things out and even makes the comedy more believable and land when it isn't an endless joke all the time lol.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vestrio