How did you find out about RPG Maker VX Ace?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone~ silva here :) I just wanted to know how you guys found out about this amazing program. Personally I found it through visual novel production sites~

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When my daughter was an infant and I would be up with her at nights, I discovered the Aveyond games by Amaranth. I kept thinking how cool it would be to tell stories in such a way, if only I knew how to program and draw, lol.Then finally, one day a few years later while replaying one of them, I *gasp* paid attention to the credits. I noticed the some Enterbrain/made with type thing and got curious and googled. And here I am today.

Last edited by a moderator:

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Google. Bored. Wanted to make a game :p

Googled stuff like 'game maker' until RM came up. Tried demo. Instantly hooked.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was two years ago and I was kinda bored and was reading random blogs. Someone was showing screenshots of their maps and I thought they were soooooo cool! Two Google searches later and I was doing the 30 day trial and making "Please Read the beginners guide" topics. I used my summer money to buy the full version and here I am. Good times. Goooood Tiiiiimes.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was studying game development at university and discovered the Aveyond games by Amaranth (lol mlogan!)

Then I started working for her, so we always kept up with new engines that were being released.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, that's a long story actually.

I was working at a video game store when the first one for playstation came out. I love that one but what I really wanted to do was draw new graphics for it and so I checked online to see if there was one for the PC, since I figured that would give me more access than what the PS version did. There wasn't anything at first but I checked again later and found the community based around the pirated version. I didn't want to get involved in a pirated version so I didn't join in at that point. For a while I kept checking in to see if they'd ever done a legal translation so I could buy it and start making games but nothing happened. Eventually I gave up. Somewhere in there I learned that programmers will bend over backwards to work with you if you're a good enough artist so I did that for a while and got to do what I wanted, making the graphics for games. Sometimes I'd find my way to an RM site but since I'd given up I just assumed that it was still pirated. One day while looking up references I found this forum, realized that RPG Maker had been officially translated (for years) and have been hanging out here ever since.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I discovered the Aveyond games on Big Fish, loved them and became a member at Amaranth. They also had RMXP on sale there, so I tried out the trial and fell in love with it ^^

The Forgotten

RTP Edit Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Started back with Don Miguel' version many many years ago to use the map maker to make maps for a chat room role play forum I was part of. Maps became cut scenes, cut scenes blossomed into a desire to make a real role playing game. Finished a few small time demos that never garnered a following and stopped trying for years. Lost my job after my wife got pregnant (not easy, I tell ya) and had time to kill while job searching. Picked up VX Ace. Voila. Here I am again.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
not really Ace but XP, because of Aveyond... then it just went from there, I've been here lurking then one day Ace was released

Zyoshiro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found it by playing some RPG Maker games. After awhile, I started wondering 'What is RPG Maker'?. So I google it and found it lol.

Needle

Sharp as a Tack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Summer Steam Sale, 2013. It seems to be the "new school" way of discovering this wonderful little universe, but it's given me a great hobby to pursue creation beyond just theory and discussion of great game design.

orochii

Abomination of life, or life itself.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Because RPG Maker 2000 and my brother's skills at using random search engines and internet.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm one of the few people (with zachfoss here) who followed Kelarly's RM Youtube channel.

So I started playing his old and awesome VX games:

Castle Oblivion series, Feral Dreams 1-2, Passage of the Hollow Moon ecc...

These games are pretty old but they're still among my favourites.

After I finished all of them I decided to attempt to create something by myself with VX trial, then ACE came out soon after and I finally bought it after a while. :D

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goldstorm and I had just graduated college, were spending the summer apart, and suddenly came into an unusual wave of free time before we moved to our new home. Saw it on a Steam sale. Thought it looked fun. Was fun. Still here.

Goldstorm

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Goldstorm and I had just graduated college, were spending the summer apart, and suddenly came into an unusual wave of free time before we moved to our new home. Saw it on a Steam sale. Thought it looked fun. Was fun. Still here.
Can confirm. I love steam sales.

Deleted

The Champion of Uncertainty :D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Was on Steam and saw 'To The Moon' advertised, thought cool old school RPG. Played it, pulled at my heart strings, then started thinking, "Hell, this is a Damn good game! Who made it? How was it made?" A trip to Wikipedia later and discovered the program used, RPG Maker. The all my childhood ambitions, all my dream't  up stories all my hours of doodling came flooding back, ad I thought "I must have it!" Here I am today a year and a half later.

Fungii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For VX Ace I just saw it on Steam Sale a couple years back and couldn't resist the bargain.

But I first found out about RPG Maker years before that when a computer at some Gifted and Talented Camp (eugh) I went to with chool had it on there.

Spent the best part of the weekend making the dumbest, shorted RPG imaginable.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When I was in my early teens I kept track of all the fan translation patches for all the old NES/SNES era rpgs I never got to play because I don't read Japanese. One day I saw a translation for something called Super Dante: RPG Tsukuru for the SNES. I played with it for a little, then the translation of Tsukuru II got done. THEN I saw the translation of RM95.

And from there I kept going until I got here.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
If the question is strictly about VX Ace, I found it because it's kinda my job to keep in touch with what Enterbrain releases, and I like the RM series anyway... :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another character battle theme
Sorry everyone. Covid rules made me a laptop potatoe and I would need more exercise and past 2nd invasion I am still fighting for space also here. So I am not enough often here and... well I answer even less to my e-mails. DC is saying a huge HI to everyone with her heavy wet purrings.

You all take care in here ^^
traficaccidence.jpg
"It's time to add cars into the city!"
--- Famous last word of the developer's character before hit by a car :kaoswt2:
Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperteddy1990