How did you go about finding your previous project members?

yournamehere

Had Matter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you post in recruitment? Did you know people already? Did you connect here? On reddit? On discord? I'm super curious. Please tell me your stories :)

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Usually how I found previous teammates for my past projects were often times within my own circle I have developed over time. I started dev'ing in 2012 for visual novels, I didn't get RPG Maker 'till later, but by the time I made my first RM project in 2017 I had quite a team already of voice overs I could recruit, and for the cover artist, I knew someone back more years before I began dev'ing when I used to draw webmanga. I join jams a lot and look for recruitment in many different places, you often make some new dev friends when you play other people's games in those jams, so I got to make friends with a lovely artist who did the character art for one of my games (and the cover artist was a friend I made back in deviantART). So through the use of making friends with fellow devs in jams, looking for voice overs at forums dedicated to that, etc. I formed a really awesome circle that expands over time, they're all such talented and cool people to work with, but I hope to also start using the recruitment here in the future as well!

daheji

Call me Dah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Like Kokoro Hane, it is within my own circle.

I used to play an MMORPG called Dragonica (Dragon Saga in the US) and I was in an awesome guild. The guild was quite big so we had a very wide variety of people with different skills and interests.
Some of them were interested in game dev, just like me. I am a hobbyist artist so my role was more character design and illustrations. My fellow guild members were more into coding and game designing. It was more than 10 years ago and am still friends with some of them! We are playing a lot of Genshin Impact nowadays.

As for now, I joined a small team for a Visual Novel. Like before, I'm the character designer and will do illustrations very soon. I was invited by 2 hobbyist game dev. They both write the story, code and draw the backgrounds. The three of us are on the same RPG Maker french forum for many years and they really like my art, which makes me happy to work with them. We didn't talk a lot before that though. They just like my work and asked me to work with them.

Many other indie game dev asked me to join them like this: they send me a private message on a forum I am a member of and ask me if I'm interested to work with them.

You should try sendind a private message to artists or anyone with a particular skill you like. Who knows, maybe you'll find someone fantastic to accompany you on a game dev journey.

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did you post in recruitment? Did you know people already? Did you connect here? On reddit? On discord? I'm super curious. Please tell me your stories :)
I found my main sprite creator on this board. Almost all the mappers I've used were on this board as well. I usually go through the classified section (project recruitment) and PM people with "open" shops. Most of the artists (for concepts) were found on Deviantart as well as my editor. And the voice actors - well that's a whole other story.

None of the folks I commission are personally known.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Game Development Livestream

Of course, so, someone had covid at work today and I was exposed to them, so, I'm stuck at home for...TWO WEEKS!
oh god I'm going to die
AAAAAAAAi.png
Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prismat83