How did you obtain your username? What was your very first on the internet?

Vittone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
1. My username Vittone is something of a mix between the Latin word "Vita" which means "life", and "tone" to add a little musical aesthetic to it.
2. Oh boy, this is pretty embarrassing... My first alias was literally my real first name, and just some random numbers right after it. 10-year old me wasn't very creative with usernames...

Germelshausen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Back in high school, our English class worked in groups writing plays, one of which would be chosen to be performed on stage. I rewrote the basic synopsis of "Germelshausen" by Friedrich Gerstäcker (published in 1862) and added a heavy influence of H.P. Lovecraft's prose (eg. Shadow Over Innsmouth, Dunwich Horror, etc.) to give it an Eldritch horror-vibe. Funnily enough, the guidance councilor rejected it due to "moral concerns".

Gods if I can remember my first username on the Interwebs. The oldest one I can remember off hand is Wolfensteiner, not the most creative in hindsight. Was a huge WWII nerd as a kid.

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
i love doctor who and the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy so i combined the two

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wanted a unique name to use(instead of looking around the room for random objects) which nobody used; and at the time the only reference to the name was a chemical formula.
These days looks like everyone and their mama's are using my name.
I added an X to the end to differentiate and still maintain the original name without having to add numbers, but it still gets used.
Whatever the case is, I was the first Naoso. :guffaw:

CastleDUSKULL

The Doctor
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know I just joined, but I might as well share anyway, right?
My username on here is from my Twitter handle, whose name was also derived from my 8 year old DeviantArt account ByThePowerOfDUSKULL.

Germelshausen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My username on here is from my Twitter handle, whose name was also derived from my 8 year old DeviantArt account ByThePowerOfDUSKULL.
Not going to lie, your old DA account name made me giggle in the most unmanly way possible.

JamieSabriel

Dope Enby Vibes
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sabriel is my favorite female character in fantasy, and starting a few years whenever possible I use Sabriel as my handle. When it's already taken, I add Jamie to the front because that's my first name and it flows together with Sabriel well due to the repeating vowel sounds.

My first online handle was "tetrismaster" because I had just gotten over 200 lines cleared on my OG Gameboy copy of Tetris the day I needed to create my first handle.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As someone who once went by Celebi134, small world. ;3

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Now, this is a different question from "The story behind your username". It is a quite cringe story.

My very first username (2008) was allen_altar, which I used on Friendster and Yahoo Messanger. Allen was taken from my middle IRL name (with an alteration), while Altar came from "Anak Blitar" (lit. boy who was born in Blitar, my hometown). I didn't remember how and why, but then I decided to use Thy-o Allen (2009) because it sounded cool. It didn't last long until I found it cringe and too childish. Then I changed to Theodoric (taken from Theodoric the Goth from age of empire 2. Theo is my first name, altered) because it sounded cool and less cringe. Until 2011, I didn't feel satisfied with the name (because it was someone's else name). I decided to just use TheoAllen (with this exact capitalization and no space) since then.

LyraVultur

Non-binary Catbat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Lyra in my current username is just my first name (I like astronomy). The 'Vultur' part is related to the Lyra constellation.

My older username was koutacles, where Kouta was a nickname and -cles was a random silly suffix. It's still the url of my website in my signature below, and I made a lot of fangames under that name. Many of them featured the chao from Sonic Adventure.

DrBuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first user name was Mantiz, because I like Praying Mantises. The "z" at the end is the definition of 00s teenagers. Then I went under the username Reila for about a decade - which is the name of a song by the Gazette - until I finally landed on tia buni (which basically translates to aunt rabbit).

Kato-A

Artist and developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My username has a deep and mysterious meaning:
I named Kato because I like cats, in spanish it's ¨Gato¨ that sound like Kato.

The end :kaoluv:

ZombieKidzRule

JAVASCRIPT FOR KIDS by Nick Morgan - Awesome book!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My username? Well...at birth. And I can't remember if I was more creative when email and the internet first arrived on scene. Probably not. I just wanted to remember my username. So the few variations I have had are usually still based off my name, initials, etc. At least from what I remember.

I am one of those people who will agonize for a ridiculous amount of time if you let me choose my own character name, but when it comes to a username for an account...hmmm...maybe I will just be me?

Although, I think I made an exception when I was addicted to Pokemon on my phone and had an account for each color. I think those usernames all had some variation of Snorlax in the name because he is my mostest favoritist Pokemon. All Hail the Mighty Snorlax! That should be a game...Snorlax and Cookie Monster teaming up.

However, I am very private about my writing. I like to keep that part of myself completely compartmentalized from everything else. So I use a nom de plume for that part of my life. And as someone else said here, I try very hard not to be careless enough to dox myself. If I get through life and no one ever makes a connection between the two me(s) then I will be satisfied. What happens after I am gone...who cares.

Cue mysterious music...dun...dun...dun...

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This has always been my username across the internet. If you've seen it before, it's most likely been me. So, if I've met you before here, "Howdy! Long time no see!". If not, well, I've been around.

The full story is in like 3 or 4 other threads on the subject, if anyone cares.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"What!? 2000!? There's no way that can be right!""It's over 2900!"
New musics has been made. Praise be!
Furious and deeply saddened about the state of the US. This is the starting domino.
Thunderstorm approaching: *rumble rumble*

Me: "Hmph... so.. you've come..."

And ONLY me: (adapts fighting stance) "...now show me your TRUE POWER!!!"

*Thunderstorm fizzles out. Sunshine and rainbows.*

Seriously, ONLY ME: "No! Come back! I.. I didn't mean..."
The black rose maiden! :kaopride:
vmTLAk8.jpg

Character: Aki Izayoi from Yugioh 5Ds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member