How do I...add a few custom death animations?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So there's a couple of different ways to die...and I want to implement individual "cutscenes" for each of them. All death animations can only occur on the overworld, so there's no need to worry about an in-game battle system or anything.

So how would I go about doing that? Ideally, the player can die anywhere from certain states, and I want the custom death animations to happen before the Game Over screen appears.

Note: Currently I am using SMRdude's "GameOverCore" plugin, but it's not really working the way I want it to.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got an idea, depending on variable number load specific scene before game over, here is event example:

and before you play scene set that variable a number you wish to load cinematic. https://prnt.sc/v85m0g
if you wish to set those scenes global then create them in common events and play them via common event.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lmao broke a neck xD

Ooh! So like, if I decide the player dies from X state, then I have to set the state to trigger a common event that LEADS to the Game Over screen?

I think I kind of understand now, so...I'd have to implement it to where like, the custom animation I create plays before the game over screen pops up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sulthorne