Orneb

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm trying to create a character that can inhale to power up their attacks, but that getting hit while inhaled causes them to be stunned. I have the ability to remove states on damage, that part's easy, but I don't know how to add a status effect after the state is removed.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is an interesting topic. There are ways around it using events, but the optimal solution would be that of handling it using a script.

What can be done without using a script is using an end-of-turn event to check whether said character is affected by the inhaled state. If that is true, increase a variable to count the amount of turns the sate is active.

If the character is not affected by said state, check the variable and compare it with the state duration. If it is lower than that, the state has been forcefully removed and you have to perform all the operations you would perform on state removed, otherwise, the state has been removed normally and you do nothing.

Regardless of why it was removed, if the character is not effected by the state, you have to set the variable to 0 at the end of the branch to prepare it for next use.

Of course, this is not a perfect solution, the ideal solution would be that of having a common event perform this check and call it whenever enemy attacks are used, but for that you have to edit many skills and remember to call said common event on each o them.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hahah520