How do I add more tileset pages to be used in a map? (Beyond D and E)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by 10kk, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10kk

10kk Parallel Process irl Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In RPG Maker VX, there was a plugin which let you use more tileset pages per map. In RPG Maker MV, as far as I know, only has two extra built in tileset pages (D and E) per map.

Avoiding having to do parallax mapping, I was wondering if there is a way, or a plugin, where I can use more tileset pages per map.

I could not find similar questions or answers for this, if there is a guide, plugin, or if there is a clear answer to this question somewhere, please direct me to it.

Thank you!

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Really?  A plugin for VX that modified the engine?  I don't think so.  There might have been a plugin that let you change the tileset on a map ('cause remember, VX only had one tileset for the whole game - Ace introduced multiple tilesets, but it still only had A-E tabs), but nothing would add extra tabs to the editor.

You can't change the editor.  All tilesets have a maximum of A-E tabs.  If that doesn't give you enough, you need to start editing your tilesheets to remove the ones you aren't using and replace them with ones you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2016
    GoodSelf likes this.
  3. GoodSelf

GoodSelf Zhu Li! Do the thing! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not sure if its out for MV, but there was a script that allowed for tileset swapping mid-game.
    Using this would essentially allow you to have a wide variety of tilesets.
    You could try your luck with a Plugin Request -  I hope you find what you're looking for =]

4. 10kk

10kk Parallel Process irl Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, it was probably with VX Ace, it's been many years since I used it. Thanks for the response, I guess my only option is to edit my existing tilesets and try to learn parallax mapping.

5. Dad3353

Dad3353 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There's an Event command to Change Tilesets which works very well. If you're careful in the distribution of the tiles, it could be used to swap between two identical Tilesets except for, say, the Slot 'E'. That could be a work-around in some circumstances..? I've used it in the past to change, not the visual, but the passability of some Tiles with success.

Just sayin'.

6. Mujan

Mujan Villager Member

First Language:
    eNGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Was there ever a straight answer for this? I am coming across the same problem.

7. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yes, the answer is no, you can't. The editor limit is hard coded. All you can do is get creative with tilesets or swap tilesets.

Closing as old thread. Please do not necropost an old thread as those are usually not monitored and you might not get an answer of any sorts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.