How do I add more tileset pages to be used in a map? (Beyond D and E)

Status
Not open for further replies.

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In RPG Maker VX, there was a plugin which let you use more tileset pages per map. In RPG Maker MV, as far as I know, only has two extra built in tileset pages (D and E) per map.

Avoiding having to do parallax mapping, I was wondering if there is a way, or a plugin, where I can use more tileset pages per map.

I could not find similar questions or answers for this, if there is a guide, plugin, or if there is a clear answer to this question somewhere, please direct me to it.

Thank you!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really?  A plugin for VX that modified the engine?  I don't think so.  There might have been a plugin that let you change the tileset on a map ('cause remember, VX only had one tileset for the whole game - Ace introduced multiple tilesets, but it still only had A-E tabs), but nothing would add extra tabs to the editor.

You can't change the editor.  All tilesets have a maximum of A-E tabs.  If that doesn't give you enough, you need to start editing your tilesheets to remove the ones you aren't using and replace them with ones you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if its out for MV, but there was a script that allowed for tileset swapping mid-game.
Using this would essentially allow you to have a wide variety of tilesets.
You could try your luck with a Plugin Request -  I hope you find what you're looking for =]

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really?  A plugin for VX that modified the engine?  I don't think so.  There might have been a plugin that let you change the tileset on a map ('cause remember, VX only had one tileset for the whole game - Ace introduced multiple tilesets, but it still only had A-E tabs), but nothing would add extra tabs to the editor.

You can't change the editor.  All tilesets have a maximum of A-E tabs.  If that doesn't give you enough, you need to start editing your tilesheets to remove the ones you aren't using and replace them with ones you want.
Yeah, it was probably with VX Ace, it's been many years since I used it. Thanks for the response, I guess my only option is to edit my existing tilesets and try to learn parallax mapping.

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's an Event command to Change Tilesets which works very well. If you're careful in the distribution of the tiles, it could be used to swap between two identical Tilesets except for, say, the Slot 'E'. That could be a work-around in some circumstances..? I've used it in the past to change, not the visual, but the passability of some Tiles with success.

Just sayin'.

Mujan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
eNGLISH
Primarily Uses
Other
Was there ever a straight answer for this? I am coming across the same problem.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, the answer is no, you can't. The editor limit is hard coded. All you can do is get creative with tilesets or swap tilesets.

Closing as old thread. Please do not necropost an old thread as those are usually not monitored and you might not get an answer of any sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Every RPG and MMO should let you transmog\glamour your gear so you can look the way you want.
So, to clear up things, this section is to speak about personal life stuff and such? or maybe upload game content?
excerpt from my game FW: WHAT?! You want me to shear sheep? I had servants, who had servants, that had servants that did peasants work. Vincent: Do you see any of your servants here? FW: Well... no. Of course not. Vincent: Then get to work.
The dumbest mechanic I just encountered today : boss recovers 10% HP when a party member is KO-ed, who thinks this is a great idea again...?
Apparently my brain took a holiday today, so far I've stared blankly at the maker for 3 hours. Duuuuuuuuh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardkimnyc