How Do I Add Other Assets To My Game So It Isn't "Default"?

RetroActive

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am learning how to make this game and it is fun BUT I am thinking if I am putting this much time into making a game I shouldn't just make it with the default tileset and enemies. My goal is a Dragon Quest/Warrior 1-3 style of game. Can anyone link me to tilesets and enemies that are in the same vein as these three great originals? Also then how to I add them to the Maker?

Thanks so much in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is the wrong section for your main question, report it to a mod to move it to resource request.

as for the second question: the resource manager in the editor.
And I strongly suggest that you work through the build-in tutorials and all options and buttons of the editor as described in the help file before starting to look for replacement resources.
because you need to know what belongs where before you can exchange anything, especially if you get resources that have to be edited before they can be used (tilesets formatted for RMXP or RMVXA will not work with RMMV and RMMZ and so on)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Andar has a good suggestion. How the A tiles work is different than the rest of the tiles, and even among the A tiles, they have different properties, which you'll want to understand before you start to swap out tilesets.

Also, a classic pitfall for beginners is waiting until you have all your graphics lined up before building out your game. A better practice is to use placeholder graphics so that you aren't holding up development.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You thought kids rooms were messy. Look at this.
Back in the house and I'm hungry
Yoshi!
DNPwhy.gif

You're using that item wrong... TwT

Trying to get the mechanics down for a cute, story-driven board game! I think I've accomplished dice movement, item effects, and activating a space's event when you land on it. Art is WIP. Hope to open a thread about the game soon!
My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NecroCaticGames