Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i tried renaming the file to IconSet but when i opened my game there where no icons when i went to change the icon for a item it was just blank

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to rename your new icons to iconset, not the other way around.
and of cource make sure that the file is in the correct folder.

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you need to rename your new icons to iconset, not the other way around.
and of cource make sure that the file is in the correct folder.
vdfe.pngimage_2022-08-20_011319646.png

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Possibly related, not sure what sort of limits apply on desktop:
I guess you have tried to use the first MV/Z iconset, which at this time is 512 x 6016 px in size. From a quick search online, it seems that the texture size for Android is currently capped at 4096 [source]. In that case here's a couple of options:
  1. Reduce the height of the iconset to 4096 px (128 rows of 32 px) or less.
  2. Split the iconset into multiple files and find a plugin that can handle multiple iconsets.
Also, note that Avery's terms of use specifically state:
You may edit these for your own use, but don't post them anywhere without my permission.
Since I assume you haven't gotten special permission, and there's no reason to repost rather than just link to the thread, I've replaced the image in your post with a link to Avery's thread.

Balendra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possibly related, not sure what sort of limits apply on desktop:

Also, note that Avery's terms of use specifically state:

Since I assume you haven't gotten special permission, and there's no reason to repost rather than just link to the thread, I've replaced the image in your post with a link to Avery's thread.
actually is there a way i can remove the bg to the default icons in the rpg maker mz rtp cause thats mainly why im trying to change the icon set

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) you can edit the iconsheet any way you want, just open it in the image program of your choice (gimp, Photoshop, paint.net, whatever).

2)
DO NOT WORK ON YOUR PROJECT IN A CLOUDSYNC'ED FOLDER
The RPG-Makers use databasing file access to their files, NOT regular file access. As a result any cloudsync at the same time as the editor is open has a chance of destroying the cloud backup, and if you then make a wrong timing on closing the editor the damaged cloud will also damage your local files, destroying your project.

from the symbols in your screenshot the cloud is already trying (and probably failing) to keep the files cloudsync'ed, that is what the blue circle in front of the files usually means.

you can use the cloud for distribution and manual backups without problems, but never for automated backups. your working copy of your project should always be outside the cloud.

and that includes Microsoft's OneDrive, that they try to trick you into using without explaining it.

yvmhawking

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1) you can edit the iconsheet any way you want, just open it in the image program of your choice (gimp, Photoshop, paint.net, whatever).

2)
DO NOT WORK ON YOUR PROJECT IN A CLOUDSYNC'ED FOLDER
The RPG-Makers use databasing file access to their files, NOT regular file access. As a result any cloudsync at the same time as the editor is open has a chance of destroying the cloud backup, and if you then make a wrong timing on closing the editor the damaged cloud will also damage your local files, destroying your project.

from the symbols in your screenshot the cloud is already trying (and probably failing) to keep the files cloudsync'ed, that is what the blue circle in front of the files usually means.

you can use the cloud for distribution and manual backups without problems, but never for automated backups. your working copy of your project should always be outside the cloud.

and that includes Microsoft's OneDrive, that they try to trick you into using without explaining it.

wow i wasnt aware of this thank you for the info im glad i learned this before any horrid experience and learn the hard way

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymouss