BestElfie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I am new to this software, working on my first game currently.

Im currently working on Globlal map - and I want to add town and other places names like this? (on the screenshot I added them in Paint, the question is how to add them to be shown like this in actual game?):

country.png

The only solution I came up so far is to make custom tiles with letter parts for each individual town....but ofc it will be daunting work - surely there is an easier way?

And before you ask - yes I checked previous topics. There is an advice to "not bother with it" or "add popups" , but I personally find these solutions not very player-friendly. Any ideas how to implement it more or less the way I described it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Moving to Plugin Requests

I know there are plugins to do this, but I'm not sure if the text is displayed all the time or only when you get near to the location.

The non-plugin method would be to create a character sheet with the town names and add those to the map - it sounds like that's what you mean when you say "custom tiles with letter parts" - but a character sheet rather than tiles will let you put the full town name onto a single event, rather than having to split it into "parts".

ElCheffe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe you can achieve the effect you want by placing evens on the location and by using this addon from Yanfly (Event Mini Label): Link

I never tried it with map locations, but i think it should work. It even let's you decide if the name should be always displayed or only when within a certain range.

BestElfie

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe you can achieve the effect you want by placing evens on the location and by using this addon from Yanfly (Event Mini Label): Link

I never tried it with map locations, but i think it should work. It even let's you decide if the name should be always displayed or only when within a certain range.

Yes that seems to be what I am looking for...thank you for the link, will try it soon :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!
welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H3ctorGH