SqueakyMattie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to have a portrait of the character always on the side of the screen, I used an event that autoruns and uses a variable to determine which outfit to show, I have the default outfit portrait showing but I can't move or open the menu to equip a different outfit to actually see if the other image works.
(I'm going to draw the actual images when I get this to work, I'm using these as placeholders for now)Screenshot (1198).png

autodidact

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, this event is set as an "Autorun" so it will automatically run, and keep running until you tell it not to (autorun runs only this event and halts most other game processing).
Since you have two conditions for outfit change in this event, it looks like you need it to run while allowing other game processing.

Try changing the event "Trigger" to "Parallel".
It should then allow you to move and/or open the menu.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
An active Autorun (or Parallel) event page will trigger every frame that it is not already running. While any non-Parallel event is running, normal player controls are suspended.

Your Autorun event is triggering continuously, keeping player controls locked. Use a Parallel trigger instead to make it run in the background.

(As-is, this event should be OK to run every frame.)

[Edit: ninja'd.]

SqueakyMattie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, this event is set as an "Autorun" so it will automatically run, and keep running until you tell it not to (autorun runs only this event and halts most other game processing).
Since you have two conditions for outfit change in this event, it looks like you need it to run while allowing other game processing.

Try changing the event "Trigger" to "Parallel".
It should then allow you to move and/or open the menu.
An active Autorun (or Parallel) event page will trigger every frame that it is not already running. While any non-Parallel event is running, normal player controls are suspended.

Your Autorun event is triggering continuously, keeping player controls locked. Use a Parallel trigger instead to make it run in the background.

(As-is, this event should be OK to run every frame.)

[Edit: ninja'd.]
Thanks! That made it work, I also had to switch the event that controls the outfit variable to parallel and it works perfectly with swapping the images, thanks to both of you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I constantly go back and forth between kickstarter and indiegogo...one garners far more attention while the other is so much safer....
I just finished Variables I lesson! Urrah! I'll be publishing it soon. :smile:
Hopefully brighten your Monday.
SwordSkill wrote on alice_gristle's profile.
Hey, wanna give my project a try? I promise it will be easy.
Seeker Clones.png
Work on the Decepticon Seeker sprites is taking longer than I anticipated. I have five down: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Nova Storm. Three left to go: Ion Storm, Sunstorm (needs rework), and Slipstream. After completing their walking sprites, should I wait to post them after I've done a transformation sequence?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezza1523