How do I change, format, and implement window skins?

Marmit

La vie n'est qu'une toile vierge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So in simple layman terms how do I:

-Change window skins and correctly format them to implement them.

-Change fonts, use different fonts, and format it accordingly.

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I for one was also wondering. There is a lil' software, guess it's on sale now on Steam due to Gold Week sales. It's called Window Builder and it does just that: allows you to create some custom windows, based on the frames it has. How you load those into the game, well... That's where I don't know and have to find out.
There is also a big plugin called Luna which allows Graphical User Interface changes to literally everything. However, it costs around 60 bucks (not that that would be my problem) and you have to know CSS very well I heard, since it's completely based on that. Either of these should help. Most certainly they will, but there is also side work. Either learning how to use some code to insert the created window frames from the files in the game (most likely create your own plugin), or learn CSS for the 2nd option. I would suggest conducting own research on each. Or look for a plugin that does this :)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) the windowskin is a picture in the system folder of your game. As such it is fixed - you have one windowskin through your game (unless you're using plugins or scripts to change that) that decides on the optics of your game.

2) the format for the windowskin picture is described in the help file of all makers.
Unfortunately MV's help file is a bit short on details for it - I suggest you download and install the Ace trial just to check it's help. The windowskins of Ace and MV are structurally identical, MV is just 150% the size of Ace.

3) As for the fonts - if you want anything more than a single font for your game, again you'll need a plugin.
They are usually called "Message System" - type of plugins, and they add a lot of textcodes to the show text command, allowing you to change font, fontstyle, fontsize and more with their codes.

Marmit

La vie n'est qu'une toile vierge.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iSexPistols7