How do I? Change Levels

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by AMGLime, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AMGLime

AMGLime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Alright, I'm stumped on trying to event this, so I figured I'd ask here before I look for a Script. So the way my game works is its divided in Chapters, you're limited by a party of 4 but I dont want people to be able to switch whenever they want so Characters will inevitably fall behind in experience and levels. So I want them to go to the Tavern and switch them, and instead after story events characters will "catch up" in experience. So if my main Character is Level 22, but I haven't used one character since they were Level 13, they will catch up to being Level 20 after a big story event.

I was hoping I could just check what the Main Character level was, store that into a Variable and then subtract 2, and if the other character was a lower level then that number jump to the level I want. Unfortunately after searching the Event Page, I came up with nothing even close to that, as well as I cant actually set a level for my characters I can only Increase or Decrease. So that being said, does anyone have any idea how I can do this, or a good party changing plug in if this is going to end up being a complete failure for me?

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

That is exactly what you do, and there are event commands especially designed to allow exactly that process.

Just load the level of the actor with control variable, make your mathematics with the same event command and then change actor level based on the variable - you don't even need a conditional branch because changing a level by zero is no change, Only if some actor might have a higher level than the hero when first encountered you'll need conditional branches to prevent loosing levels.

I suggest you follow the link to the starting point in my signature and check the eventing tutorials there to get the basics.

3. AMGLime

AMGLime Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I didn't even notice that subsection in Variables! Jesus, I feel like a whole new world has opened to me seeing exactly how I can make those work. Thank you very much for solving my little problem so quickly!