MRColourblock

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,

I just tried to make a portal (3x2 tiles), but I don't know how to make all tiles change at once, since it's not a graphic for an event.portal problem.png

Hope you guys can help me,

MRColourblock

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't have RPG maker on this computer, so I can only try to explain using my words :)

What you'll want to do it use events. Tileset graphics are listed down at the bottom when you set event graphics.

The portal looks like it has six tiles, so you'll need six events, one for each tile. I am assuming that your "off"
portal is one the map as tiles (which is to say: don't delete it)

Designate a Control Switch as your Portal switch.

For all six events:

On the first event page have the page condtion be when Control Switch "Portal" is OFF

Set the event as "Same as characters" and "Direction fix", walking and stepping animations set to OFF.

Set the graphics on the first event page to NONE. When the portal is off, it just shows the original tiles.

On the second event page have the condtion be when Control Switch "Portal" is ON.

Set the events as "Same as characters" and "Direction fix", walking and stepping animations set to OFF.

Set the graphics on the second event page to those of the "on" tiles.

Now, when you want to switch back and forth, change the Portal switch on and off as needed. All six events will change at the same time. When the switch is off, the events will be invisible, when it's on, they will show the on graphics instead.

It can sometimes be easier to make just ONE event to test such behaviors, and then once you have a template, make the other five.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Open an image editor, take that portal, and move it into its own file.

Then use that as the event graphic.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, definitely combine them and make it an event graphic. There are ways to change multiple tiles, but it's not worth it.

Edit: see my signature for a sprite video tutorial (even though you're not making an animated sprite, it's the same process, just with "no stepping" and turn on direction fix).

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, don't use 6 events. Make a single character sheet with 12 cells, each the size you need, and put that graphic into one of the cells (or two of them - one for the 'before' version and one for the 'after' version).

Just make sure you put $! or !$ at the start of the filename (to tell it it's only big enough for one "character" and you don't want it to offset the pixels like it does for characters), and check the Direction Fix box on the event.

MRColourblock

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Ok, it worked :D thankks very much for the answers

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png
I'm still undecided weather or not I should add minor swearing to my game. Like I'm going for an all ages demographic... but the idea of a cartoon character saying dammit, hell, or crap in normal conversation is really funny to me.
If we assume an Elf's strong suit is Dexterity (AGI) & Intellect (MAT), I imagine Strength (ATK) & Constitution (DEF) would be among their lowest stats. But I'm having a hard deciding which should be lower, Strength or Constitution?
I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googoogagaman