Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically, if anyone can point me in the right direction to do something like this or even IF we can do something like this. Any help is appreciated.

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can find pixi filter plugins that can do this but a simpler way without plugins would be to simply run this from script call:
document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.filter='grayscale(100%)';
To remove it, run:
document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.filter='none';

Last edited:

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Quick notes:
  1. If using @Hyouryuu-Na's solution, I think that:
    • The filter will persist when exiting to the title screen and choosing new/load game.
    • The filter will reset when the game is closed.

2. If you only want to apply greyscale to the map/battle but not menus and other game windows, you can use the Tint Screen event command. :)

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah I didn't think about that ^^; @caethyril Yes, the state won't be saved.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick notes:
  1. If using @Hyouryuu-Na's solution, I think that:
    • The filter will persist when exiting to the title screen and choosing new/load game.
    • The filter will reset when the game is closed.

2. If you only want to apply greyscale to the map/battle but not menus and other game windows, you can use the Tint Screen event command. :)

No I know how to use that, I need an alternative method, particularly a point in the right direction to code this. Thanks for the help though.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can find pixi filter plugins that can do this but a simpler way without plugins would be to simply run this from script call:
document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.filter='grayscale(100%)';
To remove it, run:
document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0].style.filter='none';

Thank you very much for this solution, I will try and mess around with this and get back to this thread right away. :)

*Note I clicked edit and it double posted my stuffs, currently using safari on a MacBook Pro.

Edit* This works!! thank you so much for this, I only need for cutscene so I will remove anyway after cutscene so I think it will work exactly for what I need it for, the event command is broken due to plugins, so if this has happened to others because of for example lighting plugins, then this would effect the event command working.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew_smith