How do I change the icon for ATK Up, DEF Up, etc?

TaoJaz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In my game I'm using a custom iconset, and it has the (insert stat) Up and Down icons in different places than the default Ace iconset. How do I change what icons are used in battle?

Here's the iconset I'm using: http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3741/iconsetl.png

Thanks in advance.

Monthigos

Tata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Icons can be specified in the database (F9) for skills, states, items, etc. Find the specific skills / state that has the wrong icon and then click on the icon graphic to change it.

TaoJaz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried that, but for some reason there's no state for when your stats go up, like there were in VX.

Monthigos

Tata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can always make a state with the desired effect and then add the icon you want to it. Then just apply that state to the item / weapon / skill and it should show the state icon when executed.

TaoJaz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, I'll try that.

The JJ

Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Which Battle system are you using?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Buffs are different from states.

The buffs icons are, by default, the ones from icon 64 to 95. Just replace them with the ones you want.

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Like Victor said, by default, the buffs are the 16 icons starting at icon 64 and the debuffs are 16 icons starting at icon 80. You can actually change this by modifying lines 46 and 47 of "Game_BattlerBase". The icons still have to go in a specific order, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luspeon