How do i change the layer of the pictures? (rpg maker 2003)

uuui

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
i wanna change a picture layer so that whenever my character touches it the image is in the layer below...

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Then you need to remove the current picture and redraw it with a new Show Picture command, then you can set a new layer. I recommend using Variables for the X and Y coordinates. There's no simplier way to do it.

uuui

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Then you need to remove the current picture and redraw it with a new Show Picture command, then you can set a new layer. I recommend using Variables for the X and Y coordinates. There's no simplier way to do it.
i'm not sure what u mean but when i use the show picture command the picture is at the above layer?

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, you want to have the picture between the GROUND and the UPPER Layer of the Chipset? And then below the entire Map? I'm afraid you cannot do that. The only technique to have a picture below the Map is to use a Map background, OR, you can use some tricks, eg screenshot the Map and use the Map as another Picture to make some illusions.

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Get a look here:

Cherry

RM2k(3) Developer (English Version)
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It wasn't before I created version 1.12 ;-)

Anyway, just a comment about that advice to remove the picture and then show it again with new settings: This is not necessary, just show it again with the different settings, no need to remove it first. In fact v1.12 has an optimization that it won't load the picture again from disk if another "show picture" is used on it as long as the filename stays the same (this is especially for spritesheets, but it works here as well), so explicitly removing the picture first would defeat this and cause an unnecessary disk access.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, ended up at the hospital with the oldest so mebbe might make the game jam's deadline. Maybe not. Regardless, really digging MZ.
I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalaacSoran